Beco Gemini? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 11-22-2010, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Im wondering if any of you mamas have experience with this carrier, as I know its relatively new.

Ive been thinking about getting a Butterfly II, but was drawn towards the Gemini for the wider variety of carries it can offer. Aside from this, the biggest difference that Im noticing is that it seems like the Gemini doesnt come with an infant insert, although its indicated for 7lbs and up.

Anybody have one of these and have any feedback on how they like it?

Fiona Rose  stillheart.gif12.25.10stillheart.gif

#2 of 6 Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

My Gemini arrived yesterday and I am using it for the first time right now. I have a toddler though and no experience with this carrier and a newborn. My Butterfly didn't work for my son early on as he seemed very uncomfortable with his legs splayed so widely however the Gemini would have worked as it can be adjusted for a more narrow leg splay. As far as having no insert, I would think it would be safe so long as baby is pulled in tightly to your body and the leg openings are narrow. The Gemini carrier is also easier to nurse in (at least for me it is).

#3 of 6 Old 11-23-2010, 10:14 AM

I love our Gemini!  It has become the car carrier and I use it all the time for quick in and out trips or long walks like at festivals, parades, etc...

I didn't use it with a newborn but because it is adjustable to make it narrow I think it would be fine.  It can be tightened very snugly and you could put a blanket at the bottom to raise her up.

Congratulations on your new baby!

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#4 of 6 Old 11-29-2010, 02:32 PM

The gemini doesn't need an infant insert because it has leg openings that snap down to narrow its base.  I just recently purchased one and I love it.

Librarian Mommy to a wonderful son born in February 2007and a spectacular daughter born in September 2010
#5 of 6 Old 12-10-2010, 10:25 AM

I love my Gemini. I have a Butterfly also, and I think they are both great, but the Gemini is "neat" to me because it's so simple. Just pop baby in and go. I also love being able to cross the straps. That is so comfy! 

#6 of 6 Old 12-21-2010, 08:37 PM

I LOVE my Gemini!! I carry my 8 week old DD in it and her head is very well supported by the headrest. It's a great carrier that will last you from newborn-toddler-hood!

Super crunchy Mama to DS1, DS2, DD and wanting a bunch more!  We homeschool, bed share, homebirth and baby wear. We're attached, we only cloth diaper and we don't vax. There's a lot more to us than that, but it won't all fit. 

Tags
Beco Gemini 4 In 1 Carrier Espresso , Beco Baby Carrier , Pouch Slings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page