Mai Tei similar to Beco? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-09-2011, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have a Beco butterfly (the one where the child can't face outward) and would like to expand my carrier collection. I have credit at babiesrus and they sell an infantino Mai Tei. Is it too similar to the Beco to be worth it? My ds is 3 months old and we wear her for most of her naps and when we are out and about. 

#2 of 6 Old 01-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm in the process of selling my mei tai right now because I got a Beco Gemini for Christmas and never reach to the mei tai anymore.  The Beco is just more comfortable and quicker to get on and off.

Elizabeth - Doing life with Scott partners.gif

SAHM to Evelyn - my crazy little Celiac (4) energy.gif Annabelle (2)  love.gif and Abraham (born 6/20) buddamomimg1.png
adoptionheart-1.gif  Follow our journey  mdcblog5.gif

#3 of 6 Old 01-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Beco is WELL WORTH it! Best baby carrier I have owned! As your baby out grows the mai tei, Beco would be the best option, especially since it’s not bulk like ergo and you could use it up to 45lbs.  

#4 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 AM

I have used Beco for a few years now, and honestly I just bought a Kozy to get away from the Beco.  I can't stand the clips and straps and difficulty adjusting.  It's WAY easier using the Kozy.  There seems to be a little bit of a learning curve, finding the right fit for you, but I am sooooo happy I bought a Kozy!!  joy.gif

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#5 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thandiwe View Post

I have used Beco for a few years now, and honestly I just bought a Kozy to get away from the Beco.  I can't stand the clips and straps and difficulty adjusting.  It's WAY easier using the Kozy.  There seems to be a little bit of a learning curve, finding the right fit for you, but I am sooooo happy I bought a Kozy!!  joy.gif

Is a kozy essentially the same as a BabyHawk? I have a BH and am looking to add to my small collection of carriers and don't want to be too repetitive. 

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#6 of 6 Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 PM

Pretty much, just looks a little different.  I don't know about the straps as I haven't seen a BH in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmommyhood View Post

Is a kozy essentially the same as a BabyHawk? I have a BH and am looking to add to my small collection of carriers and don't want to be too repetitive. 

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Tags
Babywearing , Soft Structured Carriers , Mei Tei Onbuhimo , Beco Baby Carrier

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page