carrier for large busted mommas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-29-2004, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw the thread on nursing for larger busted mommas and thought I would ask -- for those of you who fit in this category, what type of carrier do you prefer?

I have used an OTSBH and sold it, a maya wrap (and struggled with it too), and a baby bjorn. I'm in the market for a new carrier of ANY kind and would love recommendations - any thoughts? My ds is 9 mo, 22 lbs and 30 in - and i'm a size H cup but mostly normal sized other than my bust. Can you help?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-30-2004, 01:57 AM

this probably isn't much help, but my sling is the one from motherwear. i bought a larger size, XL i think, to allow room for the "girls". now that ds is bigger, i use it on my back alot, but that doesn't help with nursing. i've used my friends maya wrap, and loved it. had i tried it before the sling-EZ, i would have gotten one instead. i use a frame backpack, too. and i don't like the snugli-type mutiple strappy things, although my best friend, who is an A cup after nursing 3 kids(two into toddlerhood) loves hers, and thinks my sling is "dorky" looking. to sum up: i can't live without my sling.
#3 of 3 Old 03-30-2004, 04:05 AM

I'm large busted (H cup) and have many kinds of slings. My favorite is the KKAFP and KKACP. I like the simplicity and lack of rings to worry about.

That said, I was never very good at nursing in the sling and only got good at doing it with DS in the hip carry and basically my entire breast exposed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page