Grandparents and husband babywearing for newborns - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi.

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and I'm thinking I need to buy at least another carrier/wrap/pouch which my parents and husband would feel comfortable using.

I have a Moby wrap and an Ergo. For the Ergo I don't have a newborn insert, so I'll save it for later. And I'm not that convinced about the Moby anyway for myself (I'm kind of petite and I don't know if I want to struggle with the extra fabric).

My parents are in their seventies, so I want something that is easy enough for them to put on and off. This time I'm not even buying a buggy so I don't mind investing in a couple carriers.

I live in Europe so it would be nice if anybody suggests on line seller who deliver internationally.

Thanks for helping

Francesca

#2 of 9 Old 01-24-2011, 07:17 PM

You could get a Ring Sling like a Comfy Joey or something. Or a nice MT. I have a Kozy Carrier and I really liked it and I used it when ds2 was a newborn.

~Attatchment and Natural Parent from instincts not from books to my 2 boys~ Childbirth Educator & Placental Encapsulation Professional
homeschool.gif familybed2.gif homebirth.jpgribbonpb.gif
#3 of 9 Old 01-25-2011, 01:38 PM

I would ask them what they want. A woven wrap, a ring sling or Korean Style carrier podegais are all appropriate for a newborn.

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

#4 of 9 Old 01-26-2011, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.

I was searching on the web about what I can buy here in Europe.

And I just found the Storchenwiege new baby carrier 

It seems interesting my only concern is that baby legs come out although they seem nicely spread. I email the company to know if they advise keeping the baby in the frog position and they said no.

Any thought on this carrier? I think my parents and husband would be more comfortable with something like this.

I was also thinking about the Neobulle ring sling although I do like very much the sleeping baby products and I might hold to buy a ring sling until my PIL come to visit in April from the States and could bring me some stuff.

So, to sum up I think the Storchenwiege carrier look nice, I'm just hesitant for the legs hanging out.

#5 of 9 Old 01-26-2011, 01:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

The Storchenwiege looks fine to me. In the photos the baby's legs were supported to the knees and the knees seemed to be at hip level. I would say that if you were otherwise happy with it then go for it.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 9 Old 01-27-2011, 05:00 AM

The Storchenweige is fine - it's a mei tai style carrier, made from their woven wrap. Legs out, even in a newborn is totally fine as long as they are supported bum to knees. It's really a baby preference issue. If you are more comfortable with the baby froggy-legged, there's no reason why you couldn't do with with this carrier. You could also look to any kind of mei tai carrier, it would be pretty much the same design. We loved our Babyhawk mei tai right from when DS was newborn. My sister, mom and husband all used it easily.

Lindsay, mama to Owen (06.08) and Sadie (05.11) wool.gifpartner to the amazing J. 
#7 of 9 Old 01-28-2011, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I just placed my order for the Storchenwiegen carrier. Hopefully the baby is going to like it smile.gif

#8 of 9 Old 02-03-2011, 01:18 PM

I wouldn't give up on the Moby for you either.  I am 5'2" and was a size 2 pre-pregnancy and have really enjoyed my moby (my son went in the frog position when he was a newborn) and his legs now hang out (he is 3 months old now).  Right now, it is the only place he will sleep during the day.  I have noticed, however, that my moby is shorter than my friend's organic moby - so maybe there is different sizes that I am not aware of.

#9 of 9 Old 02-07-2011, 08:43 PM

I also loved my Moby once I got the hang of it and now I love my girasol woven wrap! FSOT on the babywearer forums is a great place to get used carriers to find out what you like best. I've bought a ton off of there. I know a lot of mamas live in Europe and most don't mind shipping there!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page