WHOHOO!!! WE DID IT! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-30-2011, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

164894_629504141971_48009727_35421400_4013771_n.jpg

180285_629504166921_48009727_35421401_460098_n.jpg

WE FINALLY DID IT!!!!  I was finally able to get my daughter on my back in a successful carry (piggyback carry in this instance)!!!!  Thank you Wrapsody for the stunning colorway and for the clear, concise directions that allowed me to figure it out!  I see so much more babywearing happening for us now!  It's all wonderful except my daughter has figured out how lovely it is to play/pull with Mommy's hair while in this carry.  I can handle the playing but the pulling - ow!  I'm thinking getting a nursing necklace so that I can turn it backwards and she can play with it instead?  My babywearing mamas do you think that will work?  I was so amped I ran downstairs to my neighbors apartment so she could take a picture for me.  Lol, of course DD LOVED that because mamas hips are generous so stairs are quite the ride for her!!!  Sheepish.gif

#2 of 5 Old 01-31-2011, 06:39 AM

Congrats! :D Figuring out back wrapping is the best, totally makes you feel like a supermom - you can do SO MANY THINGS with a kid strapped to your back!

Nursing necklace is a great idea, my two year old will still take some kind of small toy up with her most of the time - she just likes to have something to put her hands on, and as long as it's not my hair I'm fine with it. She also gives really nice scalp massages now LOL.

#3 of 5 Old 02-03-2011, 07:19 PM

so jealous! we're still working on it . . . .

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

#4 of 5 Old 02-03-2011, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

It's taken me 18 months! I watched the Wrapsody video over and over. Keep trying mama!!
#5 of 5 Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Thanks for the tip. Heading over there now . . . .

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page