toddler wearing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2004, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i wore my ds as much as i could when he was a baby , but i had a c-section then antoher surgery later on, and couldnt really handle it as much as i had imagined i would have. now he is 2 and i just wanted to get some feedback about toddler wearing. do you do it? what kind of sling do you use , or do you use a backpack?

oh he is waking up, but answer away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2004, 12:37 PM

Well my dd doesn't care to be in a sling/carrier as much as i would like to hold her... but when i can talk her into it i carry her in my kozy... it's great. I've only had it about 1 1/2 month or so but i will get more use out of it with the next baby! oh by the way dd is 22 months old and about 23lbs. and i'm about 20 weeks pregnant so it is a little hard for me to carry her to much! LOL
Old 03-31-2004, 01:36 PM

I use a Trekker for shoping or long walks, it is pretty easy on the back and Samantha loves being able to see the world and have me hug her at the same time

I am getting a Maya Wrap that I hope to use with the next one (when we decide to have it in a year or two) and use for inside the house when Sam just will not let me put her down. It seems like she always wants to be on my hip these days and I hope that will make it a little easier to get things done while holding her.

MM
Old 03-31-2004, 02:00 PM

My DD is 20 months and 29 lbs. I still use my Maya Wrap on occaison. I use it when she falls asleep in the car and we have to go somewhere (like the grocery store). Pushing a shopping cart and a stroller isn't gonna happen, and she can't sleep sitting up, and I sure can't carry her through the store! So I simply put my sling on, and put her in the front or hip carry position, and I happily do my shopping while DD sleeps!

I also take it with me if we are going for a long walk. She likes to walk, but her stamina is limited, so when she gets tired, I can carry her with less effort if I sling her. She likes the back carry best when she's awake.

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

User Tag List