Best summer sling/wrap for breastfeeding newborn? Preferably water safe. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-12-2011, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Title can't make it more clear! =)  I'm going sling shopping.  I used to have a new native, and loved it.  I'm interested in something similar for when I take my kids to the water park this summer and will have a brand new baby in tow.  I'd like something that's very easy/discreet to breastfeed in.  Water safeness (is that even a word?) isn't mandatory, but would be nice to have for dryability (I'm on a word-inventing role today!)

Thoughts?  I don't necessarily need to go with another new native, or even a pouch. I accept that there are many wonderful new products since my last child was born half a decade ago, and am eager to discover new things. =)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 02-13-2011, 01:38 PM

A solarveil ring sling? I think Sleeping Baby Productions might be able to make you one. Zolowear also makes one, but the shoulder style is difficult to get a hang of (I speak from experience!).

Gypsy Mama also makes a waterproof wrap, which would be great for a newborn!

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

#3 of 6 Old 02-15-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphel View Post

A solarveil ring sling? I think Sleeping Baby Productions might be able to make you one. Zolowear also makes one, but the shoulder style is difficult to get a hang of (I speak from experience!).

Gypsy Mama also makes a waterproof wrap, which would be great for a newborn!

IIRC, solarveil was discontinued, so those SBP slings are NOT easy to get ahold of.  (I own one, thank heavens, that I've had for years.)

OT, Zolowear shoulders are horrendous!  I took the seam out that was about 6" from the rings to get enough spread to cup my shoulder--much better now :)

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#4 of 6 Old 02-15-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBunch View Post

OT, Zolowear shoulders are horrendous!  I took the seam out that was about 6" from the rings to get enough spread to cup my shoulder--much better now :)

hmmmmmm . . . .. I must try this!

L, student nurse and married to A, my union man. Happy parents to little S!   joy.gif

#5 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 05:51 PM

I would wash it at least once afterward too because the fabric that was folded and sewn down is a little inflexible. Once the seam is down, though, you can get the rings into corsage position and avoid the riding up on your neck!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#6 of 6 Old 02-16-2011, 06:20 PM

hug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page