ergo original vs boba classic - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just ordered an ergo and a boba because they were both at great prices. Hubby might kill me. (not really) But, yeah!

So, I got the ergo original and boba classic with hood and foot straps. I'm not sure which one I or hubby will like. They are to use for our 2 year old. I'm concerned that the ergo will be too short on the back but then I read it is more comfortable because of the padding? I don't know. I wanted a beco but I really plan to sell whichever carrier doesn't work for us and the cheapest beco I found was $100 used. The boba and Ergo were less. How's the resale? One of them is girly, so will that be tough to sell or should be fine?

Thoughts?

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 08:18 AM

Try them both out and see! You should be fine for resale on either of those. I like The Babywearer forums for resale. Personally I find the Ergo back much too low, but my little guy is a leaner, so it depends on your kid.

Lindsay, mama to Owen (06.08) and Sadie (05.11) wool.gifpartner to the amazing J. 
Old 02-24-2011, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

I got both last weekend and they are both really nice. I think the boba is a bit easier to adjust and a bit more comfortable but I'll probably keep both around for now. I've only gotten to try them with the back carry and my 28 lb 2 year old. So, who knows what I'll like best with my soon to be born little girl. And I may need to have both in use from time to time.

I'm also hanging on to my baby trekker for now in case that one will work better for a younger baby at first. It also has a forward facing out, front carry option that I like that the ergo and boba do not have. So, I guess I have a little collection now.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Tags
Ergo Baby Carrier , Ergo Baby Galaxy Grey Carrier , Ergo Baby Carrier Organic Cranberry Nautilus Lining , Ergo Baby Organic Baby Carrier Blue Embroid
User Tag List