should I get a Piccolo... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-02-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

if I already have (and like) the Ergo? Or would it be overkill?

The Ergo is great but my son is 2.5 mos old, just shy of 10 lbs and I find that the Ergo can be a bit bulky at times for me already when i carry him (front only of course, w/ and w/o insert). My husband loves it and my son naps in it w/o fail. But I was thinking the Piccolo might be nice for front-carrying with my son facing out in the future, which the ergo doesnt do. I also read somewhere that it is great for small-boned people b/c the straps are narrower. My shoulders are non-existant so the Ergo's straps can be slightly uncomfortable at times.

Anyway, I already have a sleepy wrap, a Maya ring sling, and the ergo so Im not sure if i need another carrier or if Im just slightly obsessed...so I thought Id ask what you all think about the Piccolo for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-03-2011, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
We got a Pikkolo, and also have an Ergo. At first I used it a lot for front carries facing out, but then the appeal faded and I stopped carrying that way, and now I'm back to the Ergo full time. I found the Pikkolo did not offer as much back support, but yes the straps are narrower. In the end I'm glad I got to try it, but honestly for those few weeks of doing occasional FF carries it probably wasn't worth the price- they are quite expensive IMO.

However, if you want to do FF carries, do get it, as it's the only (or one of the only) ergonomically correct ways to do that carry.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#3 of 4 Old 03-18-2011, 09:22 AM

I have both. I used the Pikkolo a lot early on because I could cinch the middle and her legs could dangle, before she was big enough for the Ergo. It was great on many occasions. It's also much nicer and easier to do a hip carrier in a Pikkolo vs an Ergo, IMO. I basically bought it for one vacation, and ended up using it a lot after that. It's also much prettier than my Ergo (Sport). I also added the waist support belt later. I bought from Quirky Baby.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

#4 of 4 Old 03-22-2011, 11:54 AM

I have both as well, and the Pikkolo was very useful for the time when DS wanted to FF (3-6 months). I am also petite and the contoured straps were very comfortable on me.
The Ergo offers more back support though and with a bigger babe (DS is now 14 months) I prefer it. I'm hanging onto my Pikkolo for the next squishy though. orngbiggrin.gif

sleepytime.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page