toddlers who sling - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-01-2004, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 18 month old ds took a playsilk yesterday and put his baby in it to nurse while he went around the room cleaning up toys. Just had to share because that is so cute. Next time I'm going to get a picture. I have worn him since birth. It is so cute to see him mimicking what I do. Does your toddler wear his/her baby?
#2 of 11 Old 04-01-2004, 03:00 PM

I posted about this earlier.

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hreadid=127369

I would love to see pictures of other toddlers using slings.
#3 of 11 Old 04-01-2004, 05:02 PM

Ohyes! My 13 month old and my 5 yr old both sling thier dolls! I think its especially cute when my 1 yr old does it, she leans down to kiss her baby and everything. I have pics of both girls slinging thier babes in the rotation photo on my main page my 2 bubs slingin

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
#4 of 11 Old 04-01-2004, 06:12 PM

Unfortunately, my DD prefers to push Elmo around in our stroller, or in the laundry basket, lol. But really, since she hasn't been slung regularly since before she could walk, she hasn't been exposed to it. I'm really hoping that when baby comes she will happily wear Elmo in a sling while I wear baby in a sling!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#5 of 11 Old 04-01-2004, 07:04 PM

The kids in our Koala Mamas play group all get little pouches when they turn one and it's *so* cute to watch them toting around their toys! Just warms my heart!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#6 of 11 Old 04-02-2004, 02:46 AM

MamaKass that is such a sweet story! I have a real kid sized sling. My 3 yo dd wears her dolls in it, my 5 yo ds actually wears my 7 mo baby boy in it! It is too cute!
#7 of 11 Old 04-02-2004, 07:09 PM

My dd, 27 months, loves to carry her babies in our sling. She is teeny tiny, though, and its not a very successful venture! I have tried fashioning playsilks, scarves & pillowcases into slings for her but they never seem to work out! I have no sewing skills at all! I would love for her to have her very own sling but all I've found are sites from the states and the shipping fees are usually too high to bother with for a $10.00 item. Her slinging her dollies is something I love to watch and want to encourage. Does anyone know of any Canandian manufacturers of slings for little ones?
#8 of 11 Old 04-02-2004, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by robugmum
My dd, 27 months, loves to carry her babies in our sling. She is teeny tiny, though, and its not a very successful venture! I have tried fashioning playsilks, scarves & pillowcases into slings for her but they never seem to work out! I have no sewing skills at all! I would love for her to have her very own sling but all I've found are sites from the states and the shipping fees are usually too high to bother with for a $10.00 item. Her slinging her dollies is something I love to watch and want to encourage. Does anyone know of any Canandian manufacturers of slings for little ones?
You could try checking the Maya Wrap distributor page to find Canadian distributors and see if any of them carry the Maya doll sling: http://www.mayawrap.com/s_distributors.php#Canada

I think Susie from Extraordinary Baby Shoppe (Ottawa) makes a doll sling, but I don't see it on her site: http://www.extraordinarybabyshoppe.com

If I come across any others I'll post the links here!

Melanie
Magical Mama, joyfully home educating my three wonders: FR (12/02), EG (05/05), DK (06/09)
#9 of 11 Old 04-03-2004, 06:00 PM

Thanks MamaToFallon, I love the look of your baby sized pouches. I'm going to talk to dh about ordering one!
#10 of 11 Old 04-04-2004, 12:08 AM

MamaToFallon, Yay! I just ordered one of your Pooka Junior Slings in "Green Flowers" I can't wait to give it to dd! Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely visit your site again when I'm in the market!
#11 of 11 Old 04-04-2004, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by robugmum
MamaToFallon, Yay! I just ordered one of your Pooka Junior Slings in "Green Flowers" I can't wait to give it to dd! Thank you so much for your help. I will definitely visit your site again when I'm in the market!
Thanks for your order! I hope your daughter loves it! And I look forward to hearing all about her slinging adventures.

Melanie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page