How much time per day do you spend wearing your baby? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-16-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I spend pretty much 24 hours per day holding 2 month old DS(he sleeps on my chest at night).  I'd like to wear him more, I spend about an hour or two per day wearing him, but I'm worried more time wearing means less time for face to face interaction.  I put him so I can sort of see his face but so he can see out too, he likes to watch the world go by...  But its hard to talk to him and interact with him in the wrap.  how much time  do you spend wearing your baby?

#2 of 5 Old 03-16-2011, 04:21 PM

About 4-5 hours.
bebestar7 likes this.

Grace, happily married DH. Nathan h20homebirth.gif12.22.10 familybed1.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#3 of 5 Old 03-16-2011, 04:40 PM

When DD was born I literally wore her about 10hrs per day until she was 5 m/o, then it was maybe 6hrs until she was 7 m/o then maybe 3-4hrs until she was 1. She is 17 m/o now and I wear her anywhere from 20mns-4hrs a day depending on what she wants and if we are out and about ect. (she had really bad colic and a lot of issues with her intestines so she was super fussy which is why she was constantly worn)

She is a perfectly brilliant kid, very self confident. She is up to about 20words which is a lot for her age.

I definately would not worry about wearing a baby too much, it is not detrimental in any way! Once your LO is a little older you can wear him facing out so he can see everything or in a high back carry so he can look over your shoulder. It is great for learning. DD gets to interact with everyone I interact with, she gets spoken to a lot more, and get's to learn about everything I am doing every step of the way. The best way to show your LO the world is through wearing him.

Congratulations!!!

bebestar7 likes this.

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

#4 of 5 Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

sosurreal, thank you for the wonderful input!  I love that you wear your daughter so much, I'm going to start wearing little one more.  He likes the wrap and I like it too, except it gets hot, and its kind of complicated, I'm slowly getting better at putting it on right!  Go babywearing!

#5 of 5 Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 AM

What kind of wrap are you using? I always found it easier to wrap without the baby and put her in after. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-VHUEM6K0Q&feature=related like that.

The more you do it the easier it gets.

How do you feel about ring slings? (since you get hot) I have a maya wrap (it's a sling) and love it. A lot of people swear by Kaleas as well. http://kaleababy.com/ I don't have one but will probably get it for the next baby to see the difference.

Glad I helped!

Young born-again mama and loving wife peace.gif to DH jammin.gif and SAHP to two crazy girls dust.gifwehomebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gifslinggirl.giffamilybed1.gif and believe gd.giflactivist.gif  signcirc1.gif !

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page