How do you get your baby to nap in places other than the carrier? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

At home, no biggie, I can lay down with him and that's my down time. He's used to going to sleep with the boobie so at work (I work for my dad) I put him in the Ergo carrier and he sleeps/nurses great. Problem is, he's now 18 pounds and he sleeps for 2, sometimes 3 hours at a time and it's starting to hurt my shoulders. I do have a playpen/changing table thing here but if I take him out of the pouch and lay him down, if he doesn't wake up right away, he'll only sleep maybe 20 minutes. I got this wool blanket thing that supposedly would help him fall right to sleep. I tried it at home first, hoping I could then bring the blanket to work and he'd be used to going to sleep with that, but he couldn't care less about it. He just wants the boob in his mouth and to sleep he goes. Usually not a problem for me, but after 2 hours it's hurting my shoulders and he's only going to get heavier so I need to figure this out soon.

#2 of 5 Old 03-28-2011, 03:07 AM

No advice here! I am in the same boat and looking forward to reading the answers.
#3 of 5 Old 03-28-2011, 07:28 AM

I made a hammock with my woven. DS loved it. Now he can crawl out of it

#4 of 5 Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecochique View Post

I made a hammock with my woven. DS loved it. Now he can crawl out of it

What a good idea! smile.gif

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#5 of 5 Old 04-02-2011, 03:29 AM

I sometimes put my little one down inside her sling in her crib and she'll sleep for a while. One thing worth noting on the crib (if you have one or even with a play yard) I use one of those wedges underneath the sheets, that elevates the baby's head (to help with congestion). Well they do seem to sleep better with that, at least in my experience, it's worth a try anyway.  With her big brothers one of them really liked to nap in his cradle swing (next best place to the sling) maybe it's the motion?  I'd put him in asleep from the sling, gently strap him in and put it on the least amount of side to side wing... And with her other brother...I was able to transition him to a fold out kiddie couch that he was really excited about...he was about 18 mos. at the time though.  I am trying to introduce more sleeping places/positions early this go round to hopefully get more flexibility this go round....good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page