Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#301 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wowee these are cute!  i think Beco is on the righ track by making great prints like this & photos of Dad's wearing babes.  The more it is seen and seen as normal the better.  When a family can buy a printed carrier that both parents like it helps too, we cant afford more than one as much as Id love to have several, so one that we both will be comfortable wearing is essential.

Mama to 2: 2twins.gif 12/7 and 9/10
#302 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:19 PM

I would love to win a Beco!  I know my husband would use it too.  I think that keeping patterns plain and simple is the way to go.  I think that you need to market them to dads by showing them that everyday tasks can be done with baby in tow. I sort of picture my husband making his coffee, taking out the trash, and getting the paper with baby strapped on. Also, using it for going on walks with older kiddos and the dog.  Definitely great to have hands free when chasing a toddler too!

#303 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 PM

I would LOVE one of these carriers! I had one at one time, but it was in our truck when the truck was stolen from a Walmart parking lot on a trip from GA to Tulsa OK and we lost a lot that we unfortunately are not in the financial situation to replace right now. This would be so wonderful! We are currently expecting our sixth little blessing, and babies love nothing more than being snuggled next to momma, and it helps momma too! :-)

#304 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:32 PM

I would love to win a carrier! I've been talking to my husband a lot about babywearing and all the benefits. I think he's convinced, and I hope he will be on board when our baby is born!

#305 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:33 PM

I would LOVE a beco to help keep my 6 month old entertained while im chasing the older two!

my husband would be more likely to wear my daughter if they didnt stress his back so much, less weight on the shoulders more on the hips :)

#306 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:42 PM

Those look awesome!

#307 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:44 PM

We are new owners of a bECO Butterfly 2 carrier (just a week into it), but we love it already! My husband has ventured to wearing it out grocery shopping, shopping in home improvement stores, and even to do a few tasks in the garage. We bought the Lucas print thinking it would be gender-neutral, but I'd love to have the Duke style so that when my husband wears our son around he can be sure to know the Duke style is more on the "masculine" side. We've already had several friends who are looking into carriers (there seems to be a baby boom in our neck of the woods) ask us about it and we're definately not keeping our love for the bECO a secret! I think it is great to see a company such as bECO target (and encourage) baby-wearing for fathers, as it seems that so many others primarily target mothers. Dads are definately as big a part of a child's life and development as the mom.   I   I think I   I lksdjf;laskjdfl;ajsd;fj;asldf

#308 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:44 PM

I would love to win one of these for my husband! As for the question about how to encourage men to babywear: Get a Beco! It is my husband's favorite carrier and he has worn our daughter more since getting one.

#309 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:55 PM

I would love to add a Beco to our (small) collection of babywearing products!  I am a loyal and avid babywearer - hubby is military and therefore gone a lot and with two little ones, babywearing is necessary to get daily tasks and errands completed!  And I love to feel so close to my babies!  My first pack was very feminine, and while I love the starburst applique, my hubs - not so much.  The next one we got was gender neutral and he used it right away.  And I think he also likes how much I love a babywearing man!  I think in addition to the other suggestions (masculine colors, longer lengths, more men in your marketing materials), doing something like a family package where you can order two or more (maybe a mommy Beco, daddy Beco and a toddler Beco too) for a discounted price.  Like buying in bulk, but with Beco's and everyone can customize their own - a package deal.  Just sounds like something fun and family oriented that promotes togetherness and babywearing at the same time!

#310 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:56 PM

This beco would save my back! I am a foster mom to two toddler boys and my arms are killing me, the secret to getting a man to wear it, make it manly colors and make them hold the babies for as long as we do!

#311 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 08:58 PM

I would LOVE one of these carriers. I borrowed one from a friend a few years back with my first child and it was amazing. DH also used it and was very impressed. Would love to spoil my last child with this amazing carrier! As for encouraging husbands/partners, what person doesn't want to be close to a baby? A mother gets 9+ months of bonding with child. This carrier can help fathers feel that closeness too! :) 

#312 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:01 PM

I would love one of the Beco carriers.  I think just having men wear babies is what will get other men to wear them.  My husband wears our babies in a wrap and a ring-sling.  Maybe more masculine designs, though my husband uses my girly stuff.  ;-)

#313 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:03 PM

I would LOVE a Beco.  :)

I think one of the best way to encourage men to babywear is to raise boys who see babywearing as a normal part of family life.  My boys are all very comfortable wearing their younger siblings (when they are strong enough, of course).  They see it as completely normal, and will offer to wear the baby when he or she is fussy, to give mama a break.  heartbeat.gif  They will make wonderful babywearing daddies, someday.

Karen~Mom to Sarah-17, Amanda-16, Nathan-14, Robbie-12, David-7, Hannah-4 & Joshua-2
Wife to Brian since 8/11/91 heartbeat.gif I am truly blessed. heartbeat.gif

#314 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:06 PM

I'd love a Becco!  My husband has no problem baby wearing #1 and even regularly went out and about wearing our son in a bright golden-colored wrap.  (He got tons of compliments from moms for baby wearing:)  If he'd been reluctant, I bet he'd have donned a baby carrier in a heartbeat if it had his favorite college team's logo on it.  In fact, I bet he'd love to have one - I may have to think of how to make this happen:)

#315 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:10 PM

We've been shopping for a Beco carrier. What great timing! My son and I love a wrap we've used since he was one month old. At 6 1/2 months, he's getting too big for it now. His Papa has refused to use the wrap because of its femininity. He's excited about getting a carrier so he can carry our son too. I think to get more men to use them keep making the great non-feminine or gender neutral designs. Heck, even us mamas like those.  :)

#316 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:21 PM

I would love to win a Beco! My husband doesn't wear our son because it is too hot for him. I think he would wear our son more if the carrier was vented better- or if it was made of some high tech fabric that he thought was cooler!!

#317 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would LOVE to win one!!

I know lots of men who wear babies. I guess it's just normal in these parts! Once a couple dads found out how great it was, they spread the word! So more dad networking, I guess. joy.gif
#318 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:27 PM

I would love one of these!

I think seeing other men using carriers would encourage more men to wear their babies. My husband thinks it is a mommy thing, but not really a daddy thing because he hasn't seen men wearing babies.

#319 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 PM

We need this! In our family Daddy stays home and Mommy goes to work. Daddy used a wrap with ds2 through his first birthday but we are ready for a more structured carrier :)

I agree- "manly" colors- camo would be awesome.

Julie; happily married mamma to Wyatt (4) and Jonah (1.5)
#320 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:31 PM

I didn't have a problem getting my husband to babywear. He was the first to try the Moby and he was also eager to use our Ergo. Neither of them were very 'girly' in color, which I think helped. One was green and the other was gray.

We'd love to add a Beco! My sister raves about theirs.

~Carrie~
Merit Claire born at home, 9lb 8oz
Closet Seattle Mariners fan
#321 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:34 PM

Babycarrying is great for men. I think some men think it is too feminine. Maybe create more gender-neutral prints that would be attractive for both men and women, since a family will buy only one type of carrier. And some prints men would like. Also, photos of everyday looking men wearing the carrier would help, not just hot-model dad types.

#322 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 09:37 PM

I would love to win this.

I think male models as well as female models is a good option.

belly.gif to  jumpers.giflol.gif wonderful people with  baby.gif on the way!

#323 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 PM

Definitely use more men in the ads.  Show the men in ads doing things they'd wanna do - maybe being outside gardening, or out on a hike with the dog.  Also, the 'manly' colors suggestion makes sense.  I would like to win one of these carriers please!

#324 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 10:00 PM

I would love to win one of these! My husband is a die-hard Atlanta Braves fan. I think if he had a carrier with his team's logo, he'd be sure to wear a kiddo everywhere-especially during baseball season!

canyonsmommie likes this.
#325 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 10:08 PM

My DH loves wearing our little one, and he loves mastering a new carry in the woven wraps we use. He especially enjoys the self-sufficiency of being able to do so many different carries with one piece of cloth. He loves having him on his back for long walks around the neighborhood. I think targeting men means showing them *using* baby carriers as a normal, everyday thing. It also means showing them how babywearing solves problems, and showing them the nuts and bolts of how babywearing works. Would love to try a Beco!

mama to jasper (12-17-10) and theodora (11-13-12)

#326 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 10:12 PM

I would use this carrier often.  My husband says he prefers dark blues, greys, and blacks for color.  He also notices that shoulder strap based carriers never have long enough straps to adjust for comfort for his shoulder diameter.  Did I mention that I would love to have one of these carriers? = )

#327 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 10:22 PM

I would LOVE a Becco Carrier!

As for getting more men to babywear....my idea would be to offer sports themed baby carrier's....

like football, baseball, etc. I KNOW my hubby would LOVE a Cincinnati REDS themed baby carrier.

We have an old denim ergo (from my son who is now nearly 9 was a baby) and hubby says he feels like a girl when wearing the new baby in it the ergo.....

~Stephanie Thiess in Cincinnati

#328 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 10:48 PM

I would LOVE a Beco carrier because it is the main carrier I have wanted for so long. We are trying for number 2 and it would be amazing to have a wonderful, beautiful new carrier to bring a new bundle of joy home with!!!! Thanks

With DH since 2003

DS 3/12

DD ^ @ 21 weeks

EDD August 17th 2012

#329 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 10:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Awesome!

I think having carriers that are straightforward and easy to use is best for dads. While I love knowing the ins and outs of a billion different carriers, my husband just wants to put it on and have it work.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#330 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 11:12 PM

I would love to have one of these to hold our little one that is coming this August! I think that having more dad-friendly styles & colors is the most important thing... my DH wasn't interested in using any carrier until I showed him some online that weren't all pink and butterflies. And the more dads that start wearing, the more that will follow. Part of it is just seeing other dad role-models out there, and that it's not un-manly to wear your baby. 

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Closed Thread

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page