Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2011, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would looooove a carrier!

As to getting more men to babywear...we have had issues with this, so these are my suggestions. (1) Make carriers that are easier (and quicker) to adjust! My husband is much larger than I am, so we are constantly readjusting our soft structured carrier for whoever wants to wear it. It's pretty annoying & reallllly difficult when a cranky baby is waiting to get in! & (2) Make carriers that are easier on the back/body. We're in our mid/late 30s, and many of the carriers we've tried have not been very comfortable for our lower backs, especially for my husband --- a lot of men seem to have various knee/back/etc. injuries, so comfort is key.

Thanks! :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 AM

I would love one of these.  I think to get more men to babywear you need to make the carriers minimalist - low-key fabrics, as few straps/buckles/snaps as possible, etc.  At least I think that would work on my husband...

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

Old 03-31-2011, 08:05 AM

Old 03-31-2011, 08:24 AM

I would love one of these. My husband wears our daughters more than I do (which is a lot!) He's always taking them hiking, snow shoeing or x-country skiing. In his words: "Just strap 'em on & GO!"

Old 03-31-2011, 08:26 AM

I would love to win one of these, since I just found out I'm expecting. I'm loving all the dad ideas on this thread.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:37 AM

I'd love to win a Beco! I have an old 4th Generation Beco, and this looks so comfy! I think baby carrier makers just need to make prints that are appealing to men as well as women.

Thanks Muchly!

Michelle --- AMAzing Mama to DD1 (04.07) & DD2 (05.10)    
Old 03-31-2011, 08:38 AM

Me and my boys would LOVE one of these super stylish carriers!  I think the best way to get dads into wearing babies is a good carrier that fits well, and just putting them on!  There is no denying the comforts and convenience's of baby wearing (not to mention the benefits for bonding and development!)

Old 03-31-2011, 08:40 AM

My husband and I would love to win a carrier.  I think making carriers easy to use and in man-friendly prints encourages guys to baby wear.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 AM

I'd love a beco carrier! Dads should wear their babies for the bonding experience!!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 AM

I think both mom and dad need to know that baby will be safe in the carrier while dad is babywearing.  I've been dying to own a Beco since I was pregnant!!!

We receive 2 wraps as gifts while I was pregnant and since we didn't have the means to buy a Beco we gave the wrap a try.  Baby was born in March 2010.

It was great, we loved wearing our baby, and he loved being in there.  People would often (too often) would stop and comment, smile, ask... we felt like celebrities!

(Baby wearing is not very common where we live.)  But there was one catch to it, the baby would only be comfortable in the carrier in places with A/C,

so we couldn't wear him in the house, it was too humid and hot. 

He was a very high-need baby and I would have to carry him in arms all-day-long!  This past Christmas, to my growing tiredness and complaints we receive a ring sling.

Great! ...I thought!  He is very, very curious and throws himself towards whatever he finds interesting! I cannot do house chores wearing him on my back in the sling,

he's not safe!  My husband wears him on the hip but I have to constantly remind him of how the baby should be "seating" in the sling, he wiggles a lot and his legs

end up dangling loose all the time while my husband wears him.  We NEED a Beco baby carrier!!!!  Please send one of your artsy, talented and beautiful baby wearing

solutions this way!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:48 AM

Has anyone seen the Bank Of America commercial with the baby wearing dad??? That made me happy...

Old 03-31-2011, 08:50 AM

I would love to try Beco! I used a pouch for both my kids when they were tine babies, and later I used to wear them in Ergo. I also tried Girasol and it was great! Thanks for the chance to win!

Old 03-31-2011, 08:55 AM

We would definitely LOVE to include this Beco Baby Carrier in our home. 

Both my husband and I cherish the baby wearing moments.  We find it a great way to bond with our little V (our baby girl) and experience our family as a little "pack".  Sometimes I have heard of fathers feeling "a little left out" when a child enters their world.  Using the Beco Baby Carrier is a great opportunity for dads to not only enjoy such sacred spaces with their little one but they also get to "workout" while holding the child.  As personal trainers, we have come to appreciate the core control, back and upper body strength that develops as you wear your baby and they grow in size. 

So Dads get your bonding time on while mommy gets a break, and you get a small stabilizing workout in. 

What's better than multi-tasking for the benefit of the pack?

Old 03-31-2011, 09:09 AM

I would love one of these carriers!

My husband is pretty pro-baby wearing already. But I think he and more men would do it if the baby carriers offered extra conveniences. For example, if there was a spot on the carrier for my husband to snap his keys on or a water bottle, he'd be all over that, especially for hiking trips.

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 AM

I would LOVE to win this! My husband loves to wear our babies, I am lucky. I would encourage men by demonstrating how it is such a great way to bond with your child and spend time being close to them. Especially in the early days when all they want to do is nurse and sleep, having my husband wear the baby in between nursings allowed me to have a break and him to get time being close to his sons. 

Old 03-31-2011, 09:15 AM

We would love to add the Beco Baby Carrier to our home. 

Dad's want a little isometric, stablizing workout? 

That's right.  Wearing your baby can do just that.  From shoulders, and back to the core, your body is working hard to stay supported and balanced as your little one is snuggled next to your heart.

Both my husband and myself have loved wearing our baby and the "family pack" feeling that it gave us.  As personal trainers, we quickly came to appreciate the upper body and core strength required to support our little munchkin as she grew.  Sometimes I hear dads feel a "little left out" when a child enters their world and wearing baby is a great opportunity to experience bonding in a sacred space like the Beco Baby Carrier, give mommy a much needed break and get a little strength workout in! 

What can be better than multi-tasking for the benefit of the pack?

Old 03-31-2011, 09:22 AM

I would love to win a beco carrier!

Happily married to the love of my life and proud AP, cosleeping, breastfeeding, unschooling, babywearing mommy to The Great Zozilla
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 AM

I would love to have this carrier for my three month old son!  My husband's cousin uses a baby carrier.  We were at a museum with her and her family.  He was complaining that his back hurt from carrying our son.  She recommended trying the carrier....he did and now he is a believer.  If you get them to try it once, they will be sold!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:31 AM

I would love to win one of these carriers.  My partner wore DD some of the time, but I think he will be doing a lot more babywearing when #2 arrives so he can handle a 2.5 year old and a baby.  I think having carriers that are easy to use, in colors that men like (or don't find to "girly"), and also a logical explanation/demonstration of how using a carrier is better for the baby and makes it easier to get things done thumb.gif

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 03-31-2011, 09:37 AM

The Becco looks great and really comfortable!  My husband wears our daughter in a denim Baby Bjorn, so maybe a denim or washed duck (think carhartt) version would appeal to dads.

Old 03-31-2011, 09:45 AM

I would love to win a Beco! We had gone with the Moby and a Maya wrap, but my brother runs around with his Baby Bjorn and I'm realizing the form factor is much more practical (I'm the husband). I have a Diaper Dude so I can only suggest a variety of designs to suit a variety of tastes. I like the Black with skulls diaper bag, and a nice dark, masculine plaid could look good also. I'm not a sports guy so those are of zero interest. Points if you build in gadget carriers like a cell phone caddy or something to rest an iPad on...

Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 AM

How to get more men to babywear:  give me one of these carriers.  I will loan it and one of my babies to my brother, who will wear the baby to pick up women.  Once men realize how attractive women apparently find men with babies, you'll have trouble getting the babies back to their mamas!!

I'd love to win one of these - I love my old-style butterfly, but now I have two babies and need a second carrier!!

ribbonrainbow.gif: mamas to one DD (5/08) and two DS's (11/9/10 @ 35wks)
blogging.jpgnocirc.gifdelayedvax.gifgd.gif1pump.giftoddler.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gif
Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM

Oooh, pick me! Would love something hubby could use to hold baby for naps while chasing a toddler around (he can't get the hang of our Moby.)

Old 03-31-2011, 09:55 AM

More men in the advertisements would help promote the whole "not just for women" ideal...or so I like to believe. 

That looks like a very nice and comfy carrier.  My husband never got the hang of the Moby but will wear the Kozy and we would both love the Beco!!

The sea monkey has my money.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:01 AM

I would love this carrier, for my toddler or my newborn!

Wife to DHluxlove.gif DS 98thumb.gif DD 03flower.gif DS 09 babyf.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

She is here!!! Oct 5th!!!joy.gif

Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 AM

would love one of these carriers as well. i think the prints and waist sizes should be more male friendly. Maybe something extra about a carrier specially for Dads. It will bring the concept of "built for Dad" to men more easily.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:17 AM

Wow! We love our baby carriers here, and my DH wears the baby just as much as I do. One thing that helped me get him on board with bw was that I treated it as a totally normal, matter-of-fact thing before our DS was born. When I was researching carriers, I included him in the conversation with the assumption that he'd do an equal amount of babywearing-- "hey, what do you think of these colors?" "This carrier will be good for you because you're tall." "It will be nice when the baby is big enough that you can just strap him on your back and go do x,y,z."

DH takes him all over now--I like to think he is kind of a babywearing ambassador!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:19 AM

I would love this boy carrier.  I have two little boys and my husband won't get anywhere near my "girlish" wrap!  I think if there were more pictures of men wearing the carrier and making sure the carrier was either a solid manly color or if it had a man print like camo, guns, sports, etc it might work!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:20 AM

Beautiful carrier!! I would love to know how to encourage more men to baby wear.  I think helping more fathers embrace attachment parenting and understanding the need for connection is a natural flow into baby wearing.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:35 AM

I do not have one of your carriers yet, but I think this pattern would encourage my husband to be more willing to carry our babe around more often in a carrier. Please sign me up for your give away!

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier
User Tag List