Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 15 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2011, 03:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This carrier would be a great way to get my husband babywearing! He says all of my other carriers and slings are too "girly". eyesroll.gif I would love to win one of these Becos! I've never used one before.  

SAHMtranstichel.gif to DD1joy.gif(9/06), DD2energy.gif(4/09), DS1 kid.gif (1/11), and DS2 wild.gif (2/12)
knit.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gif Surprise! pos.gif #5 due 12/16/13 2ndtri.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM

We would love a Becco!  My husband happily wore DS when I made him a wrap in what he considered to be a 'manly' color, olive green.  I'm sure he'd also approve of helicopters :)

Laura (26)intactlact.gif DH (39)jammin.gifdrum.gif, DS (Jan 2008)
belly.gif#2 due in Dec 2012   brokenheart.gif 2/12 brokenheart.gif 8/11

Old 03-31-2011, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'd love one of these carriers!

My DH prefers a solid black carrier, no prints. Then there's no print of any sort to affect either his style or his manliness, lol!!

read.gif Rachael~~SAHM to fairy.gif (4/27/06), diaper.gif (11/18/09) and babyf.gif (1/29/11); married to a fabulous man! flowersforyou.gif  intactlact.gif cd.gif    caffix.gif )O(

Old 03-31-2011, 04:39 PM

I would love to have one of these carries!  As for getting any one (male or female) to baby wear: Model, model, model.  I can't count the number of people who have stopped me while wearing one of my babies and asked me where to get one of those wraps.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 PM

i would love a carrier from beco! i believe education is what will get papas (men) to understanding and believing the benefits of babywearing. through advertising and women explaining the benefits. my husband proudly wears our daughter knowing how good it is for her to be so close and safe with her papa.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:40 PM

I would love to win a Beco!  We are currently trying for our second child and could always use a beautiful carrier.  My DH used to wear our daughter when she was a baby and he loved it.  I think more dads will wear their babies if they see lots of other dads already doing it.  I think the key is to have awesome carriers for the dads that already baby wear.  Then, other dads will want to as well.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:24 PM

I would love one of these carriers!!  I think men would be interested in wearing their baby if the carrier was in masculine colors and designs and also if they were educated on the benefits of the bond between baby and daddy.  

Old 03-31-2011, 06:25 PM

Becos are awesome; I'd love to win one. I like the idea of reversible print carriers...one side masculine and one side cute & girlie.  

Old 03-31-2011, 06:26 PM

I'm thinking vintage sports theme/clasic colors for the Dad's! There are really cool, simple car images that would be awesome too!  I'd LOVE to be a proud Beco mama!!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:26 PM

The print on this carrier is really cute! I'd love one!

I think if more men would baby wear if ads were directed towards them, not necessarily just having men in the ads will sell them to men.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:27 PM

I would love to win one of these. My husband's in the Army and is in a helicopter unit so this would be great. He's currently deployed and it would be nice for him to carry him around once he gets home instead of me because he thinks my carrier is too girly. I know I would have an easier time getting him in one of these then some of the other ones. 

Old 03-31-2011, 06:28 PM

I would love to win a Beco! 

We have a Gemini, and my husband and I both love it! Bringing in new boyish patterns and neutral colors is a great way to make a carrier more appealing to Dads. I know for my husband when I was shopping around for a carrier he asked that it not be in any funky colors. So we got the jet black Gemini. 

Old 03-31-2011, 06:29 PM

I would love to win a Beco carrier. Men would wear a carrier if it was in neutral colors without any patterns and /or logos.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 PM

Ooh, I'd love a Beco carrier!  The longer straps means it's dad-friendly -- and then we won't have to share!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:30 PM

I would ♥ to try a Beco! Thanks for the giveaway!

I think that a quick and easy way to get more dads to babywear is to get these carriers into the hands of famous dads - rockers, sports stars, actors, etc. The more they are featured as status symbols, the more dads will want to do it to!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:31 PM

I can't go anywhere without my Beco!  So much so that I need a new one and one of these would be perfect!

As for getting more men to babywear... I have racked my brain trying to get hubby to wear our kids and he just doesn't see it as a "manly" thing to do... so maybe something to combat that.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 PM

I've been dreaming about this print! I'd love to see more dad-friendly fabrics for carriers.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 PM

I would love one of these carriers!  In order to get more dads to babywear, all you have to do is make them in dad-friendly, macho colors!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:37 PM

Would love this! My hubby is pretty easy in that he will babywear no matter what, but I know for a lot of guys plain prints is a great way to get them to babywear!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:37 PM

I would love one of these carriers. If they make them easily adjustable from a woman to mans torso length and make in neutral colors i think many men would enjoy carrying their bundles of joy. And with them being able to carry baby on their front or back and facing mommy or daddy  or facing out to see everything else in the world. :)

Old 03-31-2011, 06:38 PM

I am in love with Beco and their wonderful products! We just bought our first Gemini 2 months ago and have been amazed at how it fits my body not to mention the adorable designs. I would love love love to win the Butterfly 2. :)

Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM

I want one of these great carriers.

Try to get more info about MEN babywearing into mainstream magazines.

Old 03-31-2011, 06:43 PM

I actually love the Duke print.  I think it would entice men...

Though DH usually doesn't BW mostly because he gets hot with the kids on him.... I don't know how to alleviate that though.

Mom to '97, '07, '09 and birth mom '00 and wife to my BFF
Old 03-31-2011, 06:45 PM

I would love one of these carriers!  In order to get more dads to babywear, all you have to do is make them in dad-friendly, macho colors!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:49 PM

I would love to win one of these carriers! Men love manly colors :)

My husband would love one of these for our son Henry!!

I think we could get more dads babywearing by showing them how its done in pictures! We could all send in our photos of our guys babywearing to magazines, newspapers, online groups and forums, etc. We could also all take short videos about how to babywear as a dad and post them to you tube and facebook. This would show how easy, practical, and fun it is!

Dads learn a lot by watching other dads!

I would LOVE one of these!

The way I got my husband to enjoy babywearing more was to point out that he could get an even better workout with 20 lbs of kid strapped to him :)

Old 03-31-2011, 06:52 PM

I would love one of these carriers!  My idea for getting more dads to babywear is to advertise in men's magazines...maybe get one of them to do a feature on the millions of pros to babywearing and definitely include more men in your advertising campaign!

Old 03-31-2011, 06:54 PM

I want to win!! The Ergo has been my companion for my 21 mo DD for 21 mos, and I have been hoping to get another one for DH for a long time. They are the best. Interested in this brand too :)

Old 03-31-2011, 06:56 PM

I have been eyeing a Beco Baby Carrier for 2 years now...but cannot afford one.  I have a 25 month old and a 2 month old newborn!  I would love to win one!  Some suggestions to get men more interested in babywearing....keep some of the fabric designs gender-friendly; have ads with men wearing the carriers; and stress that getting things done around the house and outside of the home are more convenient with a carriers vs a stroller or a slow walking toddler. Men like to find the easiest way to get things done and a carrier can help!

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier
User Tag List