Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#541 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would love one of these! My hubby would look so adorable carrying our little one around.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#542 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 11:55 AM

I would love to win a baby carrier!!!! Any dad who wears a baby carrier looks caring and kind, maybe other celebrity dads could wear a baby carrier like a rockstar and then other dads might not think it looks too nerdy.

#543 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 AM

I would love to win. 

I think that men would be more likely to babywear if: 1- their wives left them with the kiddos for longer periods of time (Okay I am sort of kidding here) 2. The carriers were more neutral/manly  3. They figured out that their kiddo really likes it.  I know a dad who wears his baby all the time.  He is a stay at home dad and has learned to do it to survive.

#544 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 AM

my husband's excuse for not baby wearing is that it's not comfortable for the baby since his chest is so hard....not sure what could be done about that.  Maybe a chest pad/baby safe pillow for men's chest?  Also manly colors/themes, not just baby boy colors/themes, something a man might wear as a backpack something he would WANT to wear 'cause it looks so cool.  Ofcourse, you could always advertise them as "chick magenets"  I swear, he gets hit on more at the grocery store when wearing our baby than when he was single and childless!

#545 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 11:57 AM

I'd love to win a BECO!  I think one way to get more men engaged in babywearing for men to see it more frequently.  I can't tell you the number of comments (from men and women alike) we received when my DH and I were wearing both children while walking through the airport over spring break. It made traveling so effortless.

#546 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 11:57 AM

rocks.jpg

baby wearing is COOL! and functional.  babies love to be near daddies too!!  love the 'mens wear' fabric print for the becco!!!  would also love to see a camo print!!fuzmalesling.gif

#547 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 11:59 AM

I would love to win this carrier!  I think more men would carry babies is we included them in our pregnancies and births (care providers need to recognize that this is their baby, too) and trust that they can care perfectly for their babies.  Also we need to ask and allow them to carry our babes! 

I think more marketing should be geared toward men - so show men using the carriers....show pictures of women and men helping each other put the carriers on, etc..

Mama to Noah Jude, 8/17/01, Emerson Lily, HBAC 8/3/03-8/3/03, Beatrice Ruth, homeborn 2/6/05, and Winter Juno Lucine, 12/22/08.:
#548 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:00 PM

I would love to win one of these carriers!

All kids love piggy back rides from dad! I would encourage dads to use a Beco to safely carry their child around and have fun!

Homeschooling mama of four fantastic kids and wife to one great guy.
#549 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:00 PM

It would be wonderful to win one of the Beco Baby Carriers!

#550 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:01 PM

I like both the Eden and Espresso patterns/colors.    I think by offering more gender neutral options, the hubby's are more likely to use a carrier:)

#551 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:02 PM

I would love a Beco!!!!  I know that my husband would wear our children more often if the adjustments were easier for him.  He needs really elementary step by step directions - not because he isn't smart, but because he gets very overwhelmed especially when involving his kids.  Also, LOVE the sports team idea!  If my husband had an OSU carrier, he would never put our children down!  :)

#552 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 PM

This would be an awesome carrier to wear. I got my husband to babywear by buying him Dragon embroidery themed carriers, and skulls too ;-) 

#553 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:03 PM

all it took was one time wearing the boy i take care of on his back and my husband was hooked on the whole idea of babywearing!  would love to win this comfy beco carrier! pretty please?! with cherries on top?! :) 

#554 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:04 PM

I would like one of these! As for my dh, I would probably just have to tell him to do it lol.

Me + DH = DS (7) and DD born 10-27-11, an accidental UC!!  novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpgwinner.jpgcd.gif 
#555 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 PM

Yay!! I'd LOVE to win one of these!!!joy.gif
#556 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:05 PM

I would love to win one of these carriers! My husband babywears all the time. I think it helps men want to babywear whenthey see other men doing it too!

mizzzashlee likes this.

~Ashley~ Happily married to my high school sweetheart. Lucky to be a SAHM to M 1/07, M 5/08 & J 12/09 with someone new coming late fall. I'm a homebirthing, intactivist, extended breastfeeding, baby wearing, anti vaccines, cloth diapering, bed sharing kind of mommy.

#557 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:06 PM
mra

I'd love to win one! My husband loves to wear our LO. He feels good about having his own Moby, etc. instead of sharing mine. He had to have his own manly diaper bag, too.

winner.jpg  cd.gif  femalesling.GIF  familybed1.gif

#558 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM

Believe it or not, this is my first "entry" on a baby/mommy website/blog - for anything, including our baby. But I've heard nothing but amazing things about your carriers and just had to enter the contest. My husband and I have been on the hunt for a baby carrier that works right for us - something lightweight, not flashy and comfortable for both our baby girl and us. Voila, my extended facebook family tells me Beco is it! So, in hopes of winning one for my hubby (he'd just LOVE the simplicity and masculinity of the Metro Black) I'm optimistically throwing my name in the hat.

My husband is a wonderful dad. He wants to share his love of the outdoors with our little girl and I think Beco is just the carrier to help him do it - without putting out his back. Our sugar sweet sunshine is a true daddy's girl and every time my husband is around, he swoops her up in his arms. He'd love something to keep her snug and safe near him on hikes and walks - but being a single income family in a small working class town makes the "splurges" like a Beco carrier unattainable for us. Recently, he literally carried our 10 month old around SeaWorld for an entire day just to see the smile on her face. But the next day, his back was a mess. But he said he'd do it again because he loved being able to interact with her through it all. As she continues to grow I can only hope that a Beco carrier could help this smitten daddy keep his little girl close as they continue to explore the world around us. Thanks for your consideration - I hope that soon I will be able to be a mommy that says to my friends "YES, Beco is the BEST baby carrier around! You just HAVE to try one!" :0)

#559 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:07 PM

I would use this everywhere! Out shopping, to the park, fairs

#560 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:08 PM

I'd love to win one of the Beco Carriers!! My husband loves wearing our dd - I know for him to wear her the carrier needs to be easy to use, be comfortable, and not too much of a girly pattern to the fabric. I would say those are the top 3 things most men look for in a carrier.

goorganic.jpg babywearingfemalesling.GIFbreastfeedingbfinfant.gifco-sleeping familybed1.gif cloth-diaperingcd.gif Mama.

participate - please help make this world a better place. whale.gif

#561 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:09 PM

I would love to win a Beco baby carrier too!

Here is how you get guys to use one more often...Step one: The Beco has to be reversible so that both mom and dad can proudly display the design they prefer to show.

HOWEVER--this is the trick--Step 2: The designs need to be completely customizable. Men can upload words, drawings, photographic images, cartoons, designs, whatever floats their boat! 

If mom agrees, dads can even customize *both* sides, making it the 100% Cool Daddy Beco! 

Moms can choose her own customization for the reverse side of the Beco--or choose from one of your very lovely Beco designs instead!

Listen, the truth is that any guy who is confident enough to wear his baby in the first place, probably has no problem making a statement that's funny, bold, or unusual while he's at it!  And what better way to say it than on a baby's bottom!!! 

:-)

I hope you like this idea!

Love,

Melissa from Nutley NJ

#562 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Both my husband and I would LOVE one of these carriers! I think more print options for men would be good! 

#563 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the contest - hope I win! I really like the idea of a reversible Beco so that there can be a "mommy" side and a "daddy" side

Mama to Ellie (11/11/05) and Owen, born 12/12/10 - a successful VBAC!
#564 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:14 PM

I would love a "manly" beco carrier!

#565 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:14 PM

I would DIE to win one of these!!!

I think the prevalence of soft structured carriers (that AREN'T the Baby Bjorn) is doing a lot for helping to encourage men to babywear. Most men I know balk at the idea of wraps but are okay with a Beco, Ergo, Pikkolo, etc. I think it just takes seeing a few dads out and about who are clearly comfortable wearing their babies to pique a man's interest in wearing his own!

bedsharing, knitting, toddler-nursing, nerdy, babywearing mama!

familybed1.gif  knit.gif toddler.gif  geek.gif  momsling.GIF

#566 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:15 PM

My husband would love one of these because he is not comfortable using the slings I usually wear. I think more p

ackaging and advertising specifically showing men babywearing would make it more acceptable.

DH and I - totally winging life with our four children, DS1 (6.5yrs), DS2 (5yrs), DD (3yrs) and DS3 (1)!

#567 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM

i think that the key to helping dads babywear is having a carrier that is comfortable for them.  we love the beco because it adjusts to fit mama and dad!

please enter me in the drawing for a beco!

thanks

#568 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:17 PM
TMB

We love our trusty Beco. DS#1 practically lived in it. DH carried him in front and back doing all kinds of things from yardwork to hiking to traveling. It was great to be able to transfer him back and forth between us when needed too. Now with #2 due any day, we've been contemplating getting a second one. Definitely some masculine fabrics (prints, solid colors or phrases) might help and advertising showing versatile types of activities. It just makes the whole family that much more portable.

ps (I wrap too, but he doesn't like it. Too overwhelming.)

Tara - mama to Wes (4/3/09) and DC#2 due 4/16/11 --fx
#569 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:18 PM

How cool! I have no idea how to get men to baby wear though.

Harmony, mom of dd (14), ds (11), ds (4) and having #4 in June
#570 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 12:19 PM

I would love a new Beco!  My husband actually wore our first daugther all the time, he liked carrier that were easy in and out, in gender neutral colors. 

Closed Thread

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page