Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#601 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

love love love these carriers and my husband would wear it too if he had his own!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#602 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:23 PM

I've been saving up for a Beco precisely because I think it will be the easiest for my husband to use. I think the more media images of baby wearing daddies, the easier it will become.

#603 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:26 PM

If I win this, I just might get dh to use it!  He's never worn our babies before :(

#604 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:29 PM

I would like one of these, my husband will not wear my pink ergo and is afraid of wrapping :( I think more men would be comfortable babywearing if they saw more men doing it and talking about it. Celebrities/high profile men babywearing in public. Maybe even at some sports events! Some "manly" colors and patterns wouldn't hurt :)

#605 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:30 PM

It would be great to win a new carrier! We are going camping for this first time as a family this summer and this would come in absolutely perfectly handy! Daddy could carry our daughter, promoting that outdoor activity time together! And I know he would carry her in it everywhere else too.

#606 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:32 PM

I Love the Beccos and would die for one of these. My daughter is very attached to mommy and the carriers are the one sure way my Boyfriend can connect with her. We go on walks etc... and he is always the first to say lets bring the carrier just in case.We tried the stroller again and again and if i forgot the carrier we all payed for it she has just always been happier in one cuddled up to me or daddy. We always have one in the car and in the diaperbag... Its nice that shes get to be close to him this way.

Caroline

#607 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:33 PM

I Love the Beccos and would die for one of these. My daughter is very attached to mommy and the carriers are the one sure way my Boyfriend can connect with her. We go on walks etc... and he is always the first to say lets bring the carrier just in case.We tried the stroller again and again and if i forgot the carrier we all payed for it she has just always been happier in one cuddled up to me or daddy. We always have one in the car and in the diaperbag... Its nice that shes get to be close to him this way.

Caroline

#608 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:38 PM

I would love to win one of these!

To get more men on board with babywearing I agree with laughingfox, if they see the carrier being advertised with a male model maybe they'd change their initial idea on babywearing.blowkiss.gif

#609 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:39 PM

I would love to win a carrier. I think that cool men's colors and seeing more men wear their babies would encourage my husband to do so.

Mommy to Gregory (4), Zeke (2), Edward (noob). 2 hospy births, 1 UC. Unschooling, Non-Vaxing fam. I'm a Doula and Midwifery supporter.
#610 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:44 PM

would love to try this carrier out! I think for men, the carrier has got to be easy to use, no fiddling, and baby should be easy to get in and out!

supermod.gif semi crunchy single student super mama to DS 7wave.gif and DD 3shy.gif. Falling in stillheart.gif with single super dad superhero.gif to DD5kissy.gif and DD2energy.gif 
#611 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Would love to wear my baby and the beco would be great!

#612 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:47 PM

I'd love a beco.  I've heard wonderful things about them.

I'd suggest having more plain carriers (just a solid color) or more manly patterns.  Also showing more men babywearing in photos would be great.

#613 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:50 PM

I would LOVE a beco!  As far as encouraging men to babywear, I think having colors/patterns that appeal to the typical male palette would be helpful (and it looks like Beco is already on that), and I guess the other would be to publicize as much as possible real-life examples of men who babywear, to get the image out there, hopefully normalizing it.

#614 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 PM

I would LOVE to win one of these!! To encourage more people to baby wear making more affordable options to reach more people would be a big plus!

#615 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I think more men would wear them if there were more advertisements showing men wearing them. My DH isn't afraid to tell folks that he LOVES wearing our son. More baby wearing men speaking out would be helpful. Aside from those things, more masculine colors/prints on the slings might help.

I, too, would LOVE to win one of these carriers!

#616 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:02 PM

In my opinion, men would be more prone to use carriers and "baby wear" if the carriers were more conducive to they're life style, likes and dislikes. Men don't want pink, purple, flowers, or designes on something they carry. They want functional. My husband wants something he can use but that doesn't get in his way or stop him from doing the things he needs to. If we are out and about, he always had something to drink with him, a zip on bottle holder that doesn't bounce around when you walk would be great and maybe a pouch with a reinforced side to put their keys in and know it wont poke the baby.

My Husband always worries about catching the baby's feet on something he's walking past and therefore can't use his hands because he's holding on to our son's feet. He worries our babies head gets bobbled around when he walks and he's hurting the babies neck. All valid concerns but I think men need to be reassured that carriers are not only safe (when used properly) but also healthier for the baby than being set down so you can get things done. Put men holding babies on the packages and advertising and have directions that speak to them, not just the lovey, emotional verbiage geared toward women to make us feel warm and fuzzy about a product. It works for us, men gag on it :-)

Tell men how carrying their babies in their arms puts undue stress on their muscles and can cause a "repetitive stress" injury. The carrier enables a more balanced distribution of weight and allows the person carrying the child to stay in a more neutral, upright position. With the arms outstretched, holding a child in their arms, the muscles of the shoulders and neck get elongated and weakened causing injury if the position is persistent.  A carrier allows a man to relax his arms and pull his shoulder's back to a proper skeletal placement. This utilized the muscles in the back, which are much stronger and more capable of continuous work without fatigue or pain afterward.

Men like facts and statistics, maybe you could estimate how many calories someone could burn based on increments of how much extra weight they're carrying instead of pushing a stroller.

I hope this helps :-)

AND...of course I'd LOVE to win the carrier!!!

#617 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:02 PM

I would love a new carrier. I baby wear all the time-I think that's the best way to share the love w/ other families. It is so convenient to pop the baby in and get on your way. The baby is much happier too!!

Thanks!!

Bridget from www.bumluxury.blogspot.com

#618 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:20 PM

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Beco carrier!!!  Some manly patterns would surely encourage men to wear their baby in a Beco!!!

#619 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:21 PM

I would love to win a beco. Both my husband and I love our old beco. It has been through two wonderful children and now we have our third it would really be something special to have a new one for her. I have cariied all my children and there is nothing like that experience of closeness and cuddle. I think that more men would wear their children if the mothers encourage them. I found that I just needed to get my husband in the carrier and he learned to love holding our children that way. Some men I find like it better as a back carrier because their center of gravity is a bit different from us and they r not used to having a child on their belly.
#620 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:31 PM

I would love one of these!

My DH wears our son a lot. I think to encourage dads to babywear, one thing that's important is making it easy to put baby in the carrier. My DH would never use a wrap or a mei tai when I used those, but he finally got an SSC and loves it because he doesn't have to figure out how to tie or wrap anything - just buckle up and go!

I think guy-friendly fabrics help too. I use a brown Kanga XT with a cute farmyard print on it when I carry our son. But my DH didn't really go for cute - his carrier is a blue denim Adagio with a panel made of a simple fabric with circles in muted earthy shades, and he really likes it.

It also helps to make the shoulder straps long enough for a larger frame. My DH is very broad shouldered, and he has tried on a few SSCs where he feels like the padded part of the shoulder strap isn't long enough for him to have padding all the way around - it runs out of padding and he just has a canvas strap digging in to his body, so it's uncomfortable for him.

Finally, I think making carriers large enough for toddlers is a great way to encourage dads to babywear! My DH was less comfortable with wearing a newborn that seemed more fragile. But our son is now a rowdy 22 month old, and DH wears him a lot more! He's not so worried about having to be super careful now. And it works out well for mom that way too - my son is kind of heavy for me these days!

#621 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:35 PM

It would be great to win one of these carriers!  I think my husband would use a carrier if it didn't look girly and wasn't complicated to put on.  I have a moby wrap style carrier and my husband thinks it is too much fuss so simple to strap on= good in his eyes.

#622 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:39 PM

I think this type would appeal to my husband.
#623 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:41 PM

I have never used the Beco but would love one, have tried a few others but havent been very happy with them.

Men are function over fashion...if u had a mens line that we basic black with no bells or whistles on it...or maybe a camo print.

#624 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:49 PM

I would LOVE a Beco Carrier.  My husband would actually be more comfortable wearing the baby because he's 6 ft 8 inches tall and has a really hard time finding a comfortable position to hold the baby.  I feel so bad for him, but I think the Beco Carrier is the answer!!!  

#625 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Pick us! biggrinbounce.gif

To get more dad's to wear their babies, give them their very own carrier as a new baby/shower gift.  My partner was given a baby borjn before our lo was born.  It wasn't my first choice, but he loved it!  It was easy to use and he did use it often.  Now he eyes any new slings, or other carriers that I bring home to see what else he might like.  Having a variety of sizes and styles worked for us.  Even my dad has worn our LO, with the easy squeezy baby borjn.  I know it isn't the ideal carrier for babies, but I like to think of it kind of like a gateway drug.lol.gif  The becco could replace it for our families.

If we win the carrier it will be gifted to my brother-in law as a shower gift!  (My sister is expecting this August!!!)  joy.gif

#626 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 03:10 PM

swoooooooooooooooning!

How about organizing some "Beer and Babywearing" classes for expecting fathers?  They could meet at local bars to sample the beers and try out some carriers. :)

treehugger.gif
#627 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 03:11 PM

I actually do NEED a carrier. 

I've worn my son since infancy and my current carrier is falling apart- cracked buckle, lost snaps, etc.  I can't afford a new one, so please pick me as your winner!

My mate loves carrying our son as he goes about his life:  hiking in the woods, working in the garden, or even while cooking.  I think more men want to wear carriers when they realize:  it helps soothe the baby (which helps both parents), it's a great way to bond, they can meet other like minded parents (which helps them feel less alone), and that wearing your babe makes you physically stronger and more fit! 

#628 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 03:43 PM

I'd love this for my new baby due this month!

I think men just need to see more men babywearing.  Get men to wear them on popular TV shows, in ads, etc. 

#629 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 03:44 PM

I would love to win one of these! I think ease of use plays a big factor with my husband wearing our son- he prefers a carrier that is easy to get on and off. 

Dirt worshiping, creatress Mama to Rowan and Alden - home birth loving, no circ, no vax, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, cosleeping

#630 of 829 Old 04-01-2011, 03:45 PM

Before this print came out I was already in love with it! Would love to try out a Beco!

Closed Thread

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page