Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 23 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#661 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would love to win!!

My husband doesn't mind babywearing, but I think he prefers patterns that aren't too feminine!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#662 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 06:56 AM

I would like one of these carriers. Make it simple to use and in a neutral color and more men will use it.

#663 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 07:33 AM

Would love a new carrier, and Beco has such great designs. More attention to celebrity dads who are babywearers may attract new dads to the practice. I have seen photos on blogs of Brad Pitt and others doing it, so why shouldn't all men?

#664 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 08:25 AM

We would enjoy one of these.  With our first DS we had another carrier brand that we both used and I'm looking forward to baby #2 to have the same experience.

#665 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 08:47 AM

I would love one of these. To encourage more men to wear their babies you have to show more men wearing their babies. My husband won't baby wear because he feels it will emasculate him. Once it's shown that real men wear their babies I think more men will feel it's socially acceptable and do it.

#666 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 09:17 AM

I would love this carrier! I think explaining the benefits of baby wearing encourages daddies to use them! By making the style simple and making it easy to use, daddies will love them as much as mommies do! I breastfeed my babies to sleep so it is sometimes hard for my husband to get them down for a nap when I am not home. When I explained how fast they fall asleep when they are being worn, he was sold! Now he is a baby-wearing lover too...and our girls are happy babies!
#667 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 10:34 AM

Would absolutely love one of these carriers. I think keeping neutral color options for carriers and making sure they adjust for a larger frame are what will make more men wear their babies. My hubby will babywear no problem and he doesn't care what color it is but he's more atypical. :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#668 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 10:54 AM

I think more Daddies would wear their babies if they knew about the Beco construction and style.  Carriers don't have to be girly, and there are plenty of manly choices from Beco!  If I won one of these carriers, I'd give it to my sis who is having her 3rd babe in August! So much fun!

#669 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 11:15 AM

I'd love one. My partner likes that our baby is often happier in the carrier and falls asleep easily compared to giving expressed breastmilk, rocking, or just holding.

#670 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 12:25 PM

I would love one of these. I think to get more men to babywear, we need to encourage simplicity.  I am guilty of this myself, often switching between different types of carriers and I've found that wraps intimidate my husband, and so do mei tais.  He was something, simple and easy, and is really interested in only learning one carry, and not a variety like I am.

#671 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Awesome! I'd love one. And I definitely think that more masculine carriers would encourage dads to baby wear more often.
#672 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 02:15 PM

Ladies love a baby-carrying dad!

#673 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 02:38 PM

I would love to win one of these carriers!  I am a full-time student who is going to be on the job hunt this Fall, and plan to wear my daughter as much as humanly possible while I am around to help forge a stronger bond.  My husband is kind of wary of wearing her in PUBLIC (tough guy thing I guess), but has agreed to do so at home because I kind of made a fuss about how important it was.  In public, the carrier is going to have to be a neutral color, and advertising is going to have to become more mainstream to open them up to the idea. 

#674 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 02:38 PM

I'd love a Becco, I wanted one a few years ago but at the time didn't have the money.  We still carry our youngest when we go out and hope to have another baby in the next year.

I think simplicity and neutral colors are always good. My husband has worn all of our children in various carriers and never really cared to much what they look like but he does like something that is easy to use.

:
#675 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 04:27 PM

Winning one of these Super cute and eco-conscious carriers would be a dream! 

To get a man to wear one....well my husband wore our first baby, we had a carrier in black.  But he would rock a brown non-flowery print too.

Thanks =)

#676 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 04:32 PM

I would love a beco carrier! I think men would like neutral colored carriers or sport themed carriers. 

Mommy to DS (12-05) DD (9-10) wife to DH :
(2/05, 6/06, 6/08, 9/08 ) Due 5/11
#677 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 05:33 PM

my husband loves to wear our little guy! we would love a becco!! he currently wears a pink wrap. he wasn't too keen on it at first but after trying it a few times, and seeing how quickly it soothed our son convinced him that baby wearing is great. he loves the special bond he and ds share as a result of this. he says he would love a non-pink becco in the future. his suggestion is to make it gender neutral shades as well. in his words "if it helps your kid go to sleep, why wouldn't you baby wear". 

DSC_0237.JPG

#678 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 06:28 PM

I would love to have one of these carriers for my son. My husband and I are expecting his arrival around May 6th.

I think you could get more fathers to wear baby carriers if they knew how it helped their child's emotional, mental & physical development, made them happier, cry less, gave them a sense of security, and helped them to bond with their child.

#679 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 06:54 PM

I want to win a BECO carrier! I love the designs and how easy and comfortable it looks. The only thing I could say about men wearing them more would be more "manly" designs. 

#680 of 829 Old 04-02-2011, 11:06 PM

I would love a Beco for my tall one year old!  And my husband has been a proud babywearer since the beginning--anything that makes our son happy & keeps him safe is cool with DH! =)

#681 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 AM

Definitely patterning has a lot to do with men being more on board. I'm sure many of them would like to be able to get team logos on them, or at least some more manly prints.

I would love a Beco!

#682 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 04:23 AM

Keep them easy to use, gender neutral, and advertise men using them.

We would love one of these

#683 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 08:29 AM

My old Beco just broke! I feel like I lost a limb! I would love to win a new one!

My hubby is great about wearing the kids. It was actually the Beco that converted him. I think it's all the buckles that make it look "technical" that made him give it a try.

familybed2.gif cosleeping, bftoddler.gifextended nursing,femalesling.GIFbabywearing,gd.gifpositive disciplining, cd.gif cloth diapering, nocirc.gif, no circ, natural mamma to DD (11/07), and DS (2/09), wife to DH since (7/06)
#684 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 AM

ooohhhh we would love one of these, they are gorgeous!!  I think this is the  perfect carrier for men, since it is practical, functional and simple and boy/guy colors. I  agree more men in photos with cool carriers like this one would encourage them and also showing them how simple it is to use the buckles!!! my dh would love this carrier!!

#685 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 09:48 AM

Count me in too!  My DH loves to babywear too -- he wears every wrap -- even the more feminine ones, but he's probably in the minority.  And I agree with past posters, keep advertising with pictures of men, and also advertise the benefits of babywearing.  

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

#686 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 11:26 AM

We would love to win a Beco. We have been experimenting with different carriers since DD was born, and for DH, he definitely prefers SSCs.  We have not been able to afford to pick up a Beco, although we have heard it is a better carrier than what we currently have. As far as getting more men to babywear, I think we first have to start with normalizing it for everyone. People always look at me with curiosity when I wear my baby in public - it's like they are surprised that she is not in a carseat or stroller.  Encouraging men to babywear will come naturally when more PEOPLE choose to babywear. 

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

#687 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 11:51 AM

I think these carriers are quite attractive and would love to have one.  My husband is always trying to wear my pouch slings but he is much too big....he would actually be able to wear this one as well!

#688 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 12:11 PM

I would love to win one!  And as far as men?  Eh, I think they'll wear them or not and that the appearance/color might not matter (so long as it's not super-girly, perhaps)...I think if they're going to wear them, they're going to, and if they're not, they're not.  Maybe an article kind of targeted towards men about the benefits to the child of babywearing?  That's my only thought!

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#689 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Would love to win one of those! I asked dh about how to get more guys interested in babywearing, and he said to make the carriers include enough pockets so that guys don't have to carry a diaper bag for short trips. smile.gif

me + DH + DS (10/2010)
Never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. - MLK

#690 of 829 Old 04-03-2011, 01:24 PM

I would love to win one!!

I bet guys would wear babies more if there was little to no learning curve, fully adjustable to guys of all sizes (and heights) and guy prints/colors (my hubby loves sailboats). I borrowed a ton of carriers from a friend, the ones he was most likely to use involved webbing and buckles. Slings were definitely out and so were mei tai's (because they tie not clip). There was a hip carry only carrier that he liked that used buckles and straps, and I think he really liked it because of the simplicity and comfort.

Two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011, and #3 due April 2015! I'm also a CLC and postpartum doula.
Closed Thread

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page