Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would love one of these carriers!  TY

#812 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 02:39 PM

I have a 23lb 10month old and would love to win a carrier that his dad would wear! I am the sole baby wearer in the house and would love to hare the love!! I think more manly prints would help... camo maybe?

Nikki

#813 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 02:47 PM

I would absolutely LOVE one of these carriers!  I am so jealous of my friend who has one!

I think that offering more gender-neutral designs and showing more baby-wearing dads on packaging and magazine covers could help as well.

#814 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 02:48 PM

I have had good experiences with men and baby carriers, I agree above with more advertising with men.  It would be fun to win!

#815 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 02:55 PM

My husband and I both wear our four-month-old boy in a black Moby wrap and we would love to try out another baby carrier! He is a former college athlete, and when I asked him what would make baby carriers more appealing to men, he said, "Professional and college sports team logos or their colleges. You may be looking for some sort of design gimmick, but the only thing the majority of men want to promote are their favorite sports teams or their university. Any designs other than that will be too cute and I wouldn't wear them."

#816 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 03:06 PM

I would love one of these beautiful carriers to wear my toddler in! She loves babywearing. When I am done I could give it to one of my friends who is expecting in the near future.

stillheart.gif

#817 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 03:16 PM

I would love one of these carriers first off!   Second, getting more men to wear their babies. As the wife of a baby wearing husband I know that my husband and the husbands of my friends prefer a carrier that is plain in color and is comfortable to wear. My husband loved the Moby but complained in the summer that it was too hot. Currently we use the Ergo and he prefers that over the Moby. I think the key to getting men to baby wear is for  their wives/girlfriends/boyfriends/friends to encourage it. Encourage women, thus encourage men.

Home Birth Mama. Perfect baby boy born in the water May 10th 2010.
Baby girl coming February 2014!
bftoddler.gifhomebirth.jpg
#818 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 03:18 PM

My Husband loves babywearing and always laments the fact that we don't have a carrier that is his style.  I would love to give him a chance to wear our son more often.  :)

#819 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 03:21 PM

I know my husband was a supporter of babywearing once we went to a class that provided a lot of information on the benefits.  Providing the facts on how important wearing your baby is, as well as some manly options for carriers would help.  Plus, the more men see other men wearing their babies the more "normal" they'll think it is. 

#820 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 03:40 PM

I would love to have this carrier!

To get more men to baby wear, I suggest more neutral colors. Maybe even a few with sports team logos and prints.  More advertising showing men carrying the baby at guy oriented events. Sports, playing pool, hanging with other dads wearing their babies too.

#821 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 03:59 PM

I love becos and I know a ton of people who should have them.  I think to get more men to wear their babies we need to have more 'manly' looking carriers.  I have tried to get my husband to use my carrier but he says it looks to girl-y for him.  I think this carrier just might change his mind!! Love the light brown with the helicopter print.  I hope I win we could never afford to buy another carrier and I'd love to see my husband carry #3 when it arrives this summer!!

#822 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 04:28 PM

I have heard from men that the way Ergos and Becos are designed when you wear a back carry (which men seem to prefer, as the front carry makes some feel *pregnant*), the back strap that goes along the bottom accentuates your belly if you have one.  So a slightly sturdier/wider hip belt may help with that problem.  Men gravitate to Bjorns for that reason.  I didn't see anyone mention WHERE advertising is located either-- men aren't reading the typical magazines you see the ads in.  So ads on the subway in nyc (lots of babywearing here), ads in family friendly men's magazines, and on websites they frequent.  

#823 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 06:37 PM

I would love a Beco. My DP has a pouch sling, but no womanly  hips for babe to rest on. The Beco is a perfect alternative for him!!

namaste.gif WAHSM to Ani (7) and Juddah (18mo.)

homebirth.jpggoorganic.jpgintactivist.gifwave.giflactivist.gif

#824 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 07:27 PM

Ooo a Beco carrier. What would be more lovely than seeing Daddy snuggling our little one in one (so long as it isn't pink)?

#825 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 PM

dust.gifI am a 24 year old mother who loves to babywear but I do not have an apropriate carrier for my daughter. She is uncomfortable in the carrier that I have and my back is killing me. I love the beco and everything about it. I have read and heard nothing but great things about it. I would love to win the beco carrier because it will help me with my daughter and getting work done around the house and school. I also have a step daughter who is two and it will help out with her and make it easier at the park and errands so I can carry my baby. 

(THIS IS ALEXI'S SMILE FOR YOU SAYING HOW MUCH SHE WANTS A BECO CARRIER)

DSC_0267.jpg

#826 of 829 Old 04-04-2011, 09:44 PM

We love baby carriers!  My husband was not very excited about the idea of wearing our son until I showed him the carriers that were more gender neutral and fit more like a backpack.  

#827 of 829 Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 PM

Who won?
#828 of 829 Old 04-05-2011, 01:52 PM

I think they are announcing at 5pm EST (in about 10 minutes). The giveaway was closed to entries yesterday.

joy.gif my two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011. winner.jpg

#829 of 829 Old 04-05-2011, 02:29 PM

Picked the winners yet? :)

DD Seraphina born at home on 2/21/2012! 

"Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one."
Closed Thread

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page