Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#181 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I love babywearing! He wears our daughter almost everyday. We already have a Beco but I wouldn't mind another one:) We both love the Beco Butterfly because not only is it egornomic, BUT it's easy to pass her back and forth. I wear her when she needs to nurse and then daddy takes her. Before we had the Beco Butterfly, we would go out with multiple wraps and slings. He would usually wear a wrap (like a Moby) and I would use a ring sling or pouch. We looked like a walking demo for babywearing. With the Beco, we just grab that and we are good to go! As for men babywearing, I think it's a really good way for fathers to bond. My hubby was all on board from the start. In fact he wore her before I did and in a PINK FLORAL pouch!!! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=239175&id=1425099649#!/photo.php?fbid=1607275788192&set=a.1607113744141.239175.1425099649&theater I think being exposed to babywearing via all natural parenting groups and classes (such as the babywearing class we took at our local CD store http://www.zoolikins.com/phoenix-arizona-baby-gift-store.html ) helps a lot as does seeing other men babywearing (like at our neighborhood Wholefoods) and in movies like The Hangover (my hubby has the shirt with that scene on it- he often wears it under the carrier lol). Also having lots of carriers to try helped a lot. He didn't like pouches past the newborn stage and has always disliked ring slings. However he loves wraps, meitais and soft structured carriers (aka our Beco).

#182 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:39 PM

Oh how I long for a baby carrier like this!  They are so much better for long outdoor hikes than a ring sling.  In order to get my husband to babywear (he swears that's what his hands are for), I think I need to have a second baby and then leave him at home with the babe and the toddler and a list of chores to complete while I take some me-time.  Maybe then he'd think about keeping the baby close and getting some work done??  He's seen me wear one and knows how content I am, but I just can't seem to get him to try it. 

#183 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:41 PM

this looks wonderful! i think my husband would love to wear my son using this.

#184 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:43 PM

I would love to loan this out to doula clients. I want to help more dads babywear! 

SAHM to Shea-Shea (6-05) blahblah.gif and Ashie (8-09),fly-by-nursing1.gifwife to my college sweetheart. geek.gif veggie & birth doula treehugger.gif blogging.jpg

winner.jpg  nocirc.gif vbac.gif familybed1.gifcd.gif delayedvax.gif
#185 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 PM

We're planning for baby #2. My husband loved wearing our first child when he was tiny. We would go for long family walks with the baby on his belly. It was almost a pride thing that he did it.

We would love one of these carriers for baby number 2.

#186 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:46 PM

I have one borrowed right now from our local babywearers group and love to have one to keep! The Beco is my favorite carrier so far!

#187 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:47 PM

I'd love to win this!  I have two boys (the younger is 5 months and the older will be 2 in July) so we'd love the boy-friendly print.  

I have an original Beco, which is fantastic, but we'd like something that allows baby to face out, too, not just in.  Plus it would be great to have two, so we could each wear one!

As for encouraging men to wear babies...I don't know, my husband is a pretty "manly" guy in all the traditional ways, but he's been all for baby-wearing from the get-go.  I DID refrain from picking one of the pretty prints and instead bought a brown one, knowing he wouldn't wear pink flowers in public.

He has complained that the Beco requires a bit too much flexibility for putting on when he's alone, especially regarding fastening and adjusting the back strap.  Men in general are less flexible than women, so maybe you could put some thought into making the back strap easier to reach?  

#188 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:48 PM

Oh, I would love one of these Beco carriers.  One way to get dads to wear baby more might be to have them wear baby to sleep or for a nap by takihg a walk through the neighborhood.  I have also brought baby to dad's work during lunch hour with a carrier so they could take an afternoon walk and spend some quality time together.  Thanks for the opportunity. 

#189 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:49 PM

I would love one of these carriers!  My husband loves to wear our child.  I think more men would be inclined to wear their child if they were educated on baby wearing.  Also, seeing other men, whether in ads or just out.

#190 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:49 PM

I need one!

My husband will use the mai tie when I need a break. I don't know what would work for other men. It has to be easy and a color that wouldn't attract too much attention.

Montessori Mother of Boys with a girl on the way (7/23/14)
#191 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 PM

Oh, how I would love to win one of these! I've had a loaner Ergo for several months, and I am about to have to return it; I have been in the depths of despair about having to drag the stroller everywhere again, especially since I have been reduced to a very, very small car since the last time I had to use it.

As for how to get more men to wear their babies, I think it boils down to one thing; KEEP IT SIMPLE. Men don't like to stop for directions, and by the same token, the don't want to have to ask their wives for help getting the baby carrier on, especially when they are out in public.

Eva, Tired Single Mama of Hurricane Bella~3/06 and Boy Bug Silas~7/08 fencing.gif

delayedvax.gifintactlact.gifcd.gif

#192 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:53 PM

I would *love* a Beco!!!  I think men would be more likely to babywear with more adjustablity in the fit- especially the chest and shoulders. 

#193 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 PM

i second the camouflage or just keep it plain and simple for guys. We love to weat our children, i don't even need a stroller not for the children anyway, only for diapers and snacks. I would love to win this Beco!

#194 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:55 PM

Have never tried a Beco. Would love the chance.

I think more dads would wear their babes if the carriers were made for them in terms of size, comfort, color, etc. :)

#195 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:56 PM

With number two on the way, and knowing he is a boy--we would love to win this handsome Beco!  My husband is a champion babywearer.  It all started with buying him his "own" pouch sling when our daughter was tiny (in a nice manly gray)...and considering his opinion in the fabric/color of every subsequent purchase.  

#196 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:57 PM

I would love one of these gorgeous carriers. My idea for increasing babywearing awareness is to have some scheduled baby-wearing events in public parks all over the country. It could be sponsored with food and booths or as simple as a group of babywearers showing up one place at the same time to say hello to each other and raise awareness to those watching!

#197 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:58 PM

I would LOVE one of these carriers. I think that having a carrier that adjusts easily would encourage my husband to babywear more often. He is a willing baby wearer but every carrier we have is adjusted for me and he is a lot bigger when he wants to help out it takes forever to make all the adjustments.

Jessie. Mama to bikenew.gif(7) : broc1.gif(4) and : toddler.gif22 mo 

#198 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 05:59 PM

I would love one! As far as getting more men to babywear, I'm not sure. Maybe more advertisements in male dominated media?

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
#199 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM

I would love a Beco!

I love our carrier that is reversible- cute print on one side and solid black for my husband.

#200 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM

I would love to win this!  My huhusband would prefer a plain solid color carrier (which the Beco does come in :) ) that is put on in one simple step with few adjustments. He also would want the baby to be very secure.

#201 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:01 PM

This would be wonderful for our second baby due in June!  I think a range of sizes and neutral colors are great for babywearing dads.  My husband was great about wearing our daughter to do lots of things at home and out and about!

#202 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 PM

This carrier is great - my husband would love the helicopters!  He wants something easier than the wrap - he thinks it's akward and is less likely to use it.

#203 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:02 PM

We would love a Beco!  It would actually be for my husband!  We have one other carrier that we leave the settings on my "size" but he just saw the Beco and loves it!  He think that the carriers are awesome and loves wearing our son...he carried him a lot when our son was first born because he said "she carried him for 41 weeks, I get to carry him now!"  I loved it, it was so sweet to see them bond.  When I was reading about baby wearing and attachment parenting I would always share information with him - he loved it as a way to be involved - all the breastfeeding and labor/delivery mainly applied to me, but this one he was all over!

#204 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:03 PM

I would love one of the Beco Baby carriers. Baby boy #3 needs something new. 

My husband has worn all 3 of our boys at one point or another. He knows how calming it is for the baby, and makes life easier when you are out and about. 

After the movie, "The Hangover", came out, it seemed I was seeing baby wearing men everywhere. Granted it was that front facing carrier, but I thought anything was an improvement. Maybe if men knew how hot they look wearing their babies they would do it more! :D

#205 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:03 PM

I'd love to win one!

as far as men... I can only say, my husband would probably LOVE a University of Michigan one!!! I'm sure other's would love their college of choice!

#206 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:05 PM

It would be awesome to get this carrier! My brother is graduating from Warrant Officer school and will be a helicopter pilot for the U.S. Army this summer...it would be really cool to wear my baby in this to his graduation!!!

More men in ads would be great, but maybe you could put an ipod hook-up on the carrier. men love gadgets :). or maybe a print that has a tie on it, like those cute embroidered onesies on etsy....

#207 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:05 PM

I would love a Beco! We have 11-week old twin sons and I think a great way to get men to babywear is to show them how much easier it makes everything. My husband wasn't sold on it until he saw how he could still be close to one of the boys and still move around the house and get things done.

#208 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:05 PM

I want it! I want it! Awesome carriers. Good luck to all!
#209 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:05 PM

I Would LOVE one of these carriers!  My husband definately has no problem wearing our daughter, we just fight over which one of us get's all the attention from her cuteness! hehe  But I would say my husband would love sports themed, like his favorite football team logo or something!

#210 of 829 Old 03-30-2011, 06:06 PM

Oh, wow!  I would LOVE one of these carriers!

Men, these days, are more often being portrayed as being sexy for showing their emotional side by being caring and sentimental dads.  Babywearing is no different.  Guys see other guys doing it, and being admired for it, and they in turn take that extra step to join in.  

Closed Thread

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page