Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm about to be a new mom and would like to know which carrier is best. My husband and I both plan to carry baby a LOT int he carrier, so I would love to have one that others think is stylish and comfy.  As for other men, I think as much as men can grow up, mature and be confident in who they are, there would be no question as to whether they would use a baby carrier to carry their children...so here's to the complete development and maturing of all men!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 07:45 PM

OMG so cool.  Manly colors and easy to use

Old 03-30-2011, 07:46 PM

I've always wanted on of these but it is out of our budget.  I think an easy to use buck type carrier is best for dads.  I also help putting the child in it.

Oohh

Oohh

R

R
Old 03-30-2011, 07:49 PM

I have been researching carriers. The Beco gets rave reviews! I would love to have one! I think my husband would like the Beco, too, because it evenly distributes the weight of the baby.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM

femalesling.GIF We are a babywearing family! malesling.GIF Currently, my husband uses a Baby Bjorn with our infant, but it would be great for him to have something easy to use, like the Beco, and to be able to use it for years ahead (instead of just months, like with the Bjorn).  I think that one hindrance to men wearing carriers is the fact that some of them take too much brainpower to wear.  The other hindrance, for people such as my husband who is 6'4", is that many of the carriers don't fit as well on men as they do on women.  If we can make it easy, and make it comfortable, more men will be more likely to "wear" their babies.

We would love to win one of the Becos!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:51 PM

I would love to win one of these! My ideas to get more men to wear their babies.....just explain the ease! My husband would much rather pack the baby carrier around than a stroller. Also price, carriers and slings are usually cheaper than the nice strollers. Also, helps keep them in shape, especially as the baby gets bigger and heavier.

Thanks!

Old 03-30-2011, 07:53 PM

Oohh! I'd love to win this! I think for men using a carrier (for DH anyway) the simpler, the better.

i would love to win one of these!  i'm not sure how to encourage other men to babywear... my husband loved wearing our daughter!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

Oohh! I'd love to win this! I think for men using a carrier (for DH anyway) the simpler, the better.

We would love to have a beco baby carrier. We have a few other baby carriers (a Maya wrap, an Ergo, and a Moby) and my husband doesn't use them very often, while I can't live without them! I just talked with my husband, and he said it's definitely an "image" related thing for most men. His suggestions were to place ads in places where men look, cycling magazines like Velonews (road biking), Mt Bike Magazines, Snowboarding Magazines, etc. When I was pregnant he left MOST of the baby gear selections up to me to research and select. The few times he actually took over and did research and showed an interest in products, it was because he'd heard about them on www.mtbr.com in the "cycling with family" forums. Because of these other dads talking about the gear they used with their little ones, we are now the proud owners of a Chariot Carrier, an I-Bert child bike seat, a Strider brand "pre-bike", and a few other gear head type baby items. If a few men on community forums started the conversation, maybe babywearing would catch fire with the menfolk?? Sooooo, if you advertise (and show photos of men wearing their babes (or toddlers)) it will creep into their subconscious, and when their partners suggest wearing the baby they will jump at the chance because it's been "normalized" by having all the advertising exposure. I've seen articles in BackPacker magazine where they show photos of fathers carrying their babies in structured backpacks out in the woods, and you don't even give it a second thought because you've seen so many men wearing the babies in these backpacks. Eventually it will be same with the  beco type carriers. I know my hubby has worn our daughter in our Ergo only a few times but he says it's uncomfortable, but he will wear her in the sling around the house and at the grocery store because it fits him well. You might need a bunch of male testers to wear your product on a daily basis for a few weeks and then give you fit/comfort feedback.  Whew, sorry, that was long winded and rather poorly written, but in my defense, we arn't sleeping through the night yet! : ) 

momma to one sweet little girl born January 2010, and a lovable little boy born August 2012. 

Old 03-30-2011, 07:54 PM

I love these carriers- really want to try one. More images in the media of men wearing babies I think would help to make it the norm. 

Old 03-30-2011, 07:57 PM

I would absolutely love to own a Beco! My husband has never hesitated to wear both of our babies. I think he immediately latched on to the idea that wearing our babies meant not loading and unloading (not to mention pushing) bulky, awkward strollers. We both like to hike so it was the natural choice for us to wear our children. They are up high so they can see the same sights and sounds that we are seeing. I think more pictures of men babywearing would help to encourage men to wear their babies. Also, keep up the good work with expanding to more male friendly patterns or gender neutral colors. When we were in the market for a carrier a couple of years back, the only options out there for something both my husband and I could wear was green or black.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:58 PM

I would absolutely love to own a Beco! My husband has never hesitated to wear both of our babies. I think he immediately latched on to the idea that wearing our babies meant not loading and unloading (not to mention pushing) bulky, awkward strollers. We both like to hike so it was the natural choice for us to wear our children. They are up high so they can see the same sights and sounds that we are seeing. I think more pictures of men babywearing would help to encourage men to wear their babies. Also, keep up the good work with expanding to more male friendly patterns or gender neutral colors. When we were in the market for a carrier a couple of years back, the only options out there for something both my husband and I could wear was green or black.

Old 03-30-2011, 07:58 PM

Old 03-30-2011, 07:59 PM

That carrier looks like something my husband would finally wear! The Baby Bjorn and the Moby Wrap just haven't been very appealing to him, so it would be so tremendous if we won this. It looks extremely comfortable and masculine, which are musts to encourage dads to babywear. Perhaps Beco could do licensed designs (NASCAR, football)... but not sure if it would be the right market, but I guess that's the point isn't it, to appeal to those that typically wouldn't be willing to wear a sling?

Old 03-30-2011, 08:00 PM

i would love one these carriers!  my partner would love it to.  i think he loves carrying our son and in this stylish, and non-fem, carrier would look very hansome on my guys!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:02 PM

My partner won't wear a babycarrier unless it is in a neutral color without a pattern. Perhaps have more neutral color options? Also, you could emphasize how the carrier allows you to be "hands free" with the baby/toddler and take them anywhere. Talk about the ability to be active while wearing it. It is also easier to figure out than a wrap, which may appeal to some people. And you could emphasize the adjustability of it and compare it to a hiking backpack, with the same supportive waist belt.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:04 PM

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to win one of these fabulous products smile.gif
Old 03-30-2011, 08:05 PM

I too would love one of these!

To get men to wear them, have a contest- how many babies can one guy carry. Or have a very famous macho guy be seen wearing his child in one. 

Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM

I would love one of these carriers!!! I have always wanted a BECO!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:09 PM

I would love to win this carrier!  The Butterfly and the Gemini both are a big hit with the women in my Cooperative Preschool, and I have my eyes on one of them for our next bundle of joy--who we expect to arrive later this year.

I think more advertising showing men wearing it can go a long way, as in the picture above.  I'm almost positive my husband would baby wear, especially with how much he still carries our 4 year old, it would certainly alleviate a lot of the discomfort!  I think, as cheesy as it sounds, some men really respond to humor, kind of like the pacifier that says, "Mute Button".   Perhaps there is a slogan that would make the other dad's laugh with them, instead of AT them?  Haha, of course, I live in Seattle and cannot picture anyone really giving a hard time about something like using a baby carrier, it is so commonplace here.  Unless it was flowery and pink. winky.gif

Thanks for the opportunity to win one of these fabulous baby carriers!  ::crossing my fingers::

Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM

I'd loooove to win a Beco! Pick me please! I have a baby boy due in June!

This Beco is a great example of how to get men to babywear--- cool prints! Example...my husband is a helicopter pilot, so the Duke print would be perfect for us! Beco has some other cool Daddy-approved prints as well. Awesome!

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

Old 03-30-2011, 08:10 PM

I would love one of the AWESOME Beco carriers.  My husband used to also wear my son while playing video games on the XBOX.  I think that some great youtube commercials and print advertisements depicting men rather than women caring their son would help.  I think it would also be great to explain/show to dad's that they can bond w/their children this way.  Oh and definitely make sure that there are some "manly" prints available :)

Old 03-30-2011, 08:12 PM

Whoo hoo for the Becco!!!!!!!  Woot woot for babywearing!!!!  3 cheers for MDC!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:14 PM

I'm currently expecting and would absolutely love one of these adorable BECOs.  My partner has no problem with babywearing, regardless of fabric/print.  He's so in touch with his masculinity that it's never been an issue!

Tags
Beco Baby Carrier , Beco Butterfly Ii Carrier
User Tag List