Mothering Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enter to WIN One of Three Beco Baby Carriers!

28K views 828 replies 807 participants last post by  Kaydove 
#1 ·
Beco_Butterfly_2.pngThis promotion is now closed.

Thanks to everyone who entered and shared tips for babywearing dads! If you were not chosen as a winner you can still get one of these carriers on Beco's website--SHOP NOW.

And, keep an eye on Mothering's Facebook page for all of our new contests and giveaways!

The randomly chosen winners of the Duke-style Beco Butterfly2 carriers are....

Comment #526 - LCoffee

Comment #231 - cherticek

Comment #633 - cyrusmama

Congrats!! Winners will be contacted shortly to collect shipping information.

We LOVE babywearing dads!

Share your suggestions for helping more men get excited about babywearing and you could

WIN A BECO BABY CARRIER!

The Butterfly 2:

The shell of these beautiful and functional carriers are made from 100% organic cotton and are perfect for children from the newborn stage right through the toddler years (7 to 45 pounds). They are super easy to get on and off and work for both front and back carry positions! Visit Beco's site for more details.

The Style:

This giveaway is for one of three carriers in the very cool boyish Duke print--featuring a handsome helicopter pattern and attractive sand colored straps.

To Enter:

Please reply to this thread letting us know that you would like one of these great carriers. In the same comment Beco would love to hear your ideas for how to encourage more men to babywear. Please share your suggestions and experiences! Only one entry is allowed per member, US residents only. Three winners will be picked on Monday, April 4th at 5pm ET and announced here and on our facebook page.

See less See more
#481 ·
My husband and I would love to have a Beco Butterfly. I'm really paranoid about baby having flat head from sleeping on their back too much and since DH and I have some carpal tunnel we can't hold our baby too long. So he babywear our DS since DS was a few days old with traditional Mien baby carrier similar to a Mei Tai. So my ideas to encourage more men to babywear is tell them that they help to prevent flat head in their baby, relieve your arms if you have carpal tunnel like us, encourage bonding because baby is right next to you and can smell you and feels warm and secured. My DH has done laundry, play video games, and watch movies while babywearing DS on his back. Manufacturers should also create carriers that are not feminine looking.

#482 ·
make them a less bulky as possible and understand that a lot of men are less flexible so reaching far around their back to buckle or adjust something is harder for them than it is for a lot of women

#483 ·
I would really love a new Beco, I sold my lovely scooters print when we were having financial problems. I was also having trouble wearing my son at the time so it seemed like the logical thing to do. I still have no idea what I was thinking when I sold it
bigeyes.gif

I think it would be easier to get fathers to babywear by making more "manly" looking carriers. My boyfriend never wanted to use my old Beco because he said it was girly.

#484 ·
I think my husband would love to win the Duke Beco, so he can have a manlier-looking carrier of his own! It would be a great surprise Father's Day gift for him!

My husband and I both love wearing our daughter in our Beco Butterfly 2! We currently own the Avery pattern, which I love, but my husband only tolerates the girly look of it. He was willing to overlook the flowery pattern I had chosen simply because of the intelligent form and function of the Beco Butterfly 2. We researched carriers for months and tried on multiple styles before we finally chose the Beco Butterfly 2. It integrates well into our minimalistic lifestyle, and is perfect for hiking and backpacking!

Most men can appreciate form and function, so perhaps advertising to them in a way that highlights function in combination with the approachable look of the simple black and brown styles would be helpful in encouraging more men to use the Beco!

#486 ·
We would love to win a Beco!

My DH thinks that more men would babywear if more carriers showed moms and dads wearing on the packages and websites. I briefly scanned the Beco website and was sad to find only one picture of a dad wearing...

#488 ·
Oooooh! I want one!

I think b/w'ing needs to be normalized for men. We need to see more pictures! Also, I know size can be a real issue for guys. A mom in one of my meetup groups has a linebacker sized hubby who can't find any carriers that fit his broad chest, but doesn't want to bother with wrapping. Height can be a real issue too!.

Maybe beco needs to be the first to come up with an SSC specifically for men, sized for a man's build, with manly colors, and a manly name to boot! Maybe a product specifically for guys would even make it seem a bit more acceptable and commonplace, even for a macho guy.

#489 ·
my hubby loves to wear our babies mostly out of convenience, he quickly discovered that he can play video games, or make lunch, etc with a happy baby on his back. but he also gets a whole lot of positive attention when he is babywearing which he loves :) we would be thrilled to win this super cool beco carrier!! LOVE!

erika

InspiredMama@msn.com

#491 ·
I love the print! My new little guy would look great in that on daddy and I bet his big brother will think the print is cool.

My husband babywears, but usually I have to help him put it on. He liked the Bjorn we had when our first son was a babe. I think the buckles seem easier, more foolproof. He's worn a wrap, and the gemini but not on his own.

#499 ·
Like everyone else who has posted--what a wonderful prize to win!!

As for helping my husband to wear our baby more~ we made sure he was comfortable using our carriers alone. Many times I would use it & just pop it on where he struggled with getting the straps right or they were too long. If it wasn't easy to use, he wouldn't use them. Making sure I took the time to teach him how to use and adjust it made him more comfortable. Instead of having women on the "how to" section on the website--have men be the models and let them instruct other men on how easy it is to use the carrier.

#501 ·
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to win this!

And my suggestion for the men.... We did a babysit day for a friend (two kids) while preggo and I had her give me her big old stroller than I took him and the kids all around town and had him lug it up stairs and push threw paths that were rough. By the end of the day he swore he never would get one! LOL He has been a babywearing dad since my son was 1.5 days old <3 He has even done the moby wrap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.