Best sling for transitioning to hip/back carry? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2011, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been using a hand-me-down peanut shell sling for quick trips into the store, but the problem is it's not adjustable and tends to dig into my shoulder now that my DD is around 18lbs.

So now, I'm looking for recommendations for a sling that's still good for quick trips into the store but is better suited for hip/back carries and that will also transition with DD into toddler-hood.  

TIA! 

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 06:37 PM

A ring sling, or German style woven wrap would all be suitible. Will give you front, hip and back carries.

Mei Tai and soft structured carriers like Ergo are all better for a baby that sits up well and are not good for hip carries but work well for back carries.

There are a number of baby wearing groups in South California you might make a few meetings and find the right carrier for you with out the investment.

http://www.sakurabloom.com/pages/Find-A-Babywearing-Group-Near-You.html 

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Just ordered a Maya Wrap :)

Kelly: Mama to a spunky, joy-filled DD kid.gif(10/04/10), and a loving wife to a music-making DH broc1.gif (07/14/07) We fly-by-nursing1.gifand familybed1.gif, and are just starting to TTC#2 dust.gifhh2.gif

User Tag List