Beco vs. Ergo for front carry toddler in hot/sweaty weather? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-29-2011, 06:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have been using the Ergo, but of course our two bellies touching together makes for some hot and sweaty times on warm days.  I was wondering if the Beco Butterfly II would be an improvement, because it's got that piece of fabric that separates the child from the mama a little bit?  If you've tried both of them, is there any difference?

Or is there any other toddler front carrier that is a cooler style for summertime?

unschooling in nyc

#2 of 2 Old 04-29-2011, 02:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I haven't used an Ergo, but I did use a Beco in Hawaii for two years (including hiking) and during one of the hottest Floridian summers in recent memory. The panel did seem to help wick a little bit of the moisture!

Mom to my blondie girl M1 (April 2009) and my gingersnap girl M2 (November 2011)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page