Sleepy Wrap for 25lbs +? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-29-2011, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have any mamas successfully and comfortably worn their toddlers of 25+ lbs in a sleepy wrap?  According to their website the fabric is different from a Moby and more supportive and I found one for a fantastic price so I'm curious if it's worth it?

#2 of 7 Old 04-29-2011, 03:30 PM

I wouldn't do it.  The knit fabric is just not supportive enough.  I would also pick a cooler fabric for summer use (layers and layers of knit get quite hot in the summer!). 

Mama to twins, my little guy, and
#3 of 7 Old 04-29-2011, 03:33 PM

i have both and i think the sleepy is thinner and less supportive than the moby. its already out of favor with my under 15lb 3 month old. i'd save your money for a mei tai, ergo or beco - something you can wear on your back is great when they get 20+ lbs

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#4 of 7 Old 04-29-2011, 03:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the input mamas!  Let me clarify that this would be a squishy around the house/short errands pop in & out kind of thing.  Mei tais and SSCs are far too warm for humid MO summers for this mama.  We're getting a bali breeze once the return on my Boba processes and I have the pp for something like that.  The remaining pp is being put away to buy a yummy ellevill paisley bamboo wrap.  I'm fluffy so I can't get a pouch to fit properly and ring slings, while comfortable, restrict my shoulder too much for wearing all day.  I know it wouldn't be supportive enough for all day wear.  I was wondering if it would be comfortable to wear for an hour or two at a time while I got things done around the house, took the dogs potty, got the mail, or walked her to sleep, kwim?

#5 of 7 Old 04-30-2011, 11:23 AM

AT 25# I don't think any stretch knit for more than 5 minutes will feel good on you. They just stretch do much and fail to offer the support of the woven or gauze. Do you have a local baby wearing group with a lending library you could borrow a woven from until you get your wraps?

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

#6 of 7 Old 04-30-2011, 03:31 PM

I agree with the pp that at 25lbs it's not going to feel good for very long, less than 15lbs really isn't even working well for more than 20 minutes. Unless the wrap was like $5 I would skip it and save your money for something else.

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#7 of 7 Old 04-30-2011, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas!  Unfortunately, we don't have a local babywearing group (I'm trying to change that!!) so I can't borrow one from anywhere.  My Boba is just sitting at the Kanga office waiting for them to get back from wherever they are.  I hope to have my refund by Wednesday so I should have my Wrapsody by Saturday or the following Monday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page