I am a short mama with a really messed up neck. What should I use? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-06-2011, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi ladies,

I am 29 weeks preggo with my 2nd lil boy. I didn't really wear my first as we were both content to sit on the couch and nurse all the time  but I KNOW that is sooo not happening with a 3 year old around so I want to wear for sure this time. However I am super short (4 ft 11), I broke my back and really messed up my neck a few years ago so I tend to have a hard time with any added pressure on my neck. It usually gives me a migraine.

I have tried a moby but couldn't figure out how to wrap the thing and this is WITHOUT a squiggly baby to put in it!

So far I have a baby k'tan (more for my DP as it is a small and I bet I would need an extra small) and a hand made mei tai (used a couple of times when DS was a toddler)

Any suggestions?? Please and thanks!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2011, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

No one?

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 05-10-2011, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You have what I would suggest for a newborn- which is the Moby.  Because it is a wrap it will distribute the weight throughout your torso better than anything else and you are less likely to wind up with pressure points. I'm only a couple inches taller than you are, but I've not had a problem with anything in terms of torso length.  As the kiddos get bigger I have to be mindful to keep them in a good seat with knee to knee support though so they don't have legs dangling to my knees. 

You might check youtube for some videos about how to use the Moby- there is a learning curve, but it is so worth it.  Also, with your back problems, you will probably do best going from the Moby to a woven wrap- again for weight distribution. The Moby can be warm, but I used one with a summer baby without a problem- most places here are air conditioned.  If that is a problem, a gauze wrap might work better for you. 

Tags
Babywearing , Baby Ktan
User Tag List