Have you carried two? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just wondering if anyone has carried two children and lived to tell about it! I have a three year old and three month old and we like to get out for walks...not many side walks in this neighborhood though so the stroller isn't much fun. I have an ergo for the three year old and either a ring sling or moby for baby. Any advice? TIA

#2 of 7 Old 05-08-2011, 02:25 PM

I havent buut know it's very possible. I'd put the little one in the moby first, then get the toddle on your back in the ergo. You should check out the tandem babywearing forum on theBabyWearer to find ppl w actual experience. Good luck.

Lindsay, mama to Owen (06.08) and Sadie (05.11) wool.gifpartner to the amazing J. 
#3 of 7 Old 05-09-2011, 04:40 AM

I found the ability to carry two (comfortably:) to be a lifesaver many times. Although mine were only about 2 yrs apart and on the smaller side. I used a ring sling in front with the infant and an Asian syle carrier (mei tei) on back. I would put the ring sling on first (without baby) then get my ds on my back in the mei tai and then put the baby in the sling in front. I was able to carry them comfortably for walks in the woods (not for long hikes but a pretty decent length of time) or at events/concerts where the use of a stroller was not possible - this was super handy because without the help of my dp I was able to comfortably navigate crowds with both my babies and, of course, no stroller. If you do this in a crowd expect many looks of surprise and sometimes confusion from people:) I'm not into drawing attention to myself but when you have babies form definitely follows function quite often:)

Good luck figuring it out with your lo's! I hope you are able to find a comfortable way - I think it can be so helpful and definitely worth the try!
#4 of 7 Old 05-16-2011, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yes, I do it with my 2 yr old and 4 month old, in 2 separate wraps (younger one on the front in FWCC, older one on the back in a ruck).  Luckily my 2 yr old is small - only 24lbs or so.  With the wraps, I can get the weight arranged reasonably comfortably.  But it's still heavy, and covers most of my available surface area in children - not nearly as pleasant to take a walk that way as it was with just one.  That said, I still find it worth doing sometimes, and do it on some very rough trails around here.  Farthest I go that way is 3 miles into town, usually. 

#5 of 7 Old 05-18-2011, 04:01 PM

absolutely! first I put my 6 week old on my front in a stretchy wrap and then I put my 2 year old on my back in a mei tai, leaving my a free hand to hang onto the 3.75 year old. this is how I do it for bus rides and going downtown.
I have also done it with a 2.5 year old on my back in a mei tai and a 1 year old on my front/ hip in a pouch sling.

wife to dh, mama to dd1   june 2007, dd2 march 2009 and dd3 april 2011
#6 of 7 Old 05-18-2011, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your replies. I will definitely be attempting sometime soon.

#7 of 7 Old 05-25-2011, 07:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Of course I did! When my son was newborn I would have him fwcc in a hemp indio and my 3 yo dd would be rucked or in an ergo on my back. This lasted until he turned six months and was sixteen lbs. I think it's best to have the smaller one up front in a snug wrap so the older one can go up and down without adjusting the younger one.  Now I only wear both of them if I have too, which according to my daughter is anytime I make her walk far or when I say it's time to leave the playground.

be good family...

Tags
Babywearing , Ergo Baby Carrier , Ring Slings , Pouch Slings

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page