Gettin' a new carrier!! Need suggestions! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2004, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a Zolo which I love, and which I have used almost every day since Isabella was born. However, now that she is getting older (and bigger!) it's not as easy to do housework while I'm wearing her. I usually have her in the hip carry these days (unless she's sleeping in the vertical carry posisiton) but neither of these allow my arms the freedom of movement as when she was smaller. I tried wearing her on my back in the Zolo, but it wasn't comfortable for either of us.

SOOOOO -- I'm buying a new carrier and I need help! I want something mainly for wearing her on my back, but would also like other options available if I feel like it. My breasts are on the larger size, so I don't want something that will accentuate or compress them too badly. I would also like the carrier to be good up to 35 lbs or so - my toddler is 31 lbs, and I may still occassionally wear him if he wanted to ride. Right now I'm leaning towards an Ergo. Does that sound like it would fit my criteria, or is there something better? Spam me if you like!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2004, 05:03 PM

I use a kozy when ever i want to use the back carry. I have a very weak back and it's really nice for distributing the weight over both sholders, and your waist! Kelley that sells them is great! there is however a pretty long waiting list ( there was 4 weeks ago anyways) but when you get it it's well woth the weight!!! I think the link is www.kozycarrier.com if that doesn't work i'll email her and get it to ya!
Old 04-05-2004, 05:50 PM

I also have a kozy and love it!

However, it's made me lust after a silk mei tei from equanimity baby which to my understanding has a similar design, but comes in gorgeous silks...if you love your zolo sling because it's a gorgeous silk, you might want to look into those (I haven't tried one, but if someone was to get me a fancy mother's day gift :LOL )
Old 04-05-2004, 06:12 PM

Kofduke I could have written your post :LOL That green dragon silk is what i've got my eye on. Ok back on topic. You can see that the Kozy is popular and with good reason, it's very comfy and easy to use. I also looked at the Sutemi which you can find here It's similar to the ergo.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Oh - I really like the look of the kozy! Decisions decisions....
Old 04-05-2004, 07:30 PM

I would go for an ABC (Kozy, EBMT, or something similar) over and Ergo or Sutemi. The buckles and straps carriers are much less versatile. The Sutemi is not attractive to me and I have heard many complaints about the Ergo straps being too long on the tightest setting, plus you can't really wear it on the front.

A wrap like the Ellaroo would be another good option. I would do a woven rather than a stretchy wrap since you mainly want it for back carries.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:42 PM

i think the sutemi criss-crosses over the chest (why can't i spell criss-cross today? is that right?) so it really makes your chest pop out.

i have a kozy and love that! have an ergo too that i like. you can wear the ergo on the front - looks odd but you can!
Old 04-05-2004, 07:44 PM

I have the Ergo. But I would advise aginst anyone getting one. They are made in China. I don't think it's fair of rich countries profiting off of poor countries cheap labor. In fact, the Sutemi, which is made in the USA is the same price as an Ergo. So you can see that the maker of the Ergo is making a huge profit. If I knew that before I got it, I would have never had ordered it. I do like the style. So if I had to do it all over again, I would either order a Sutemi, Kozy, Packbaby or babybacktie.

Lauren
Old 04-05-2004, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by *solsticemama*
Kofduke I could have written your post :LOL That green dragon silk is what i've got my eye on. Ok back on topic. You can see that the Kozy is popular and with good reason, it's very comfy and easy to use. I also looked at the Sutemi which you can find here It's similar to the ergo.
Ooh, that one's pretty...I'm really wanting the lavendar cherry blossoms. Maybe if there is ever a second baby...

User Tag List