Having problems with the Mei Tai! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2004, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know what is going on! The first few times I wore it I was fine. I wore it for over an hour at the store one day. But the last few times I've worn it kills my back! I have tried tying it on different ways but whenever she is on my back it is agony. What am I doing wrong??? I really wish I hadn't sent that ellaroo back. I love the Mei Tai but I don't understand why its not working all of a sudden.

Side note: I bought a Moby wrap off someone on the trading post for a good price, will I be able to do a comfortable back carry with it? DD is 24 lbs.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2004, 03:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Have you been wearing your baby more than usual? I use my meh tai all the time, and it has always been the most comfy carrier I own, but ds3 has been teething this week and wants to be held ALL the time...it has been about four days of holding him 8-10 hours a day either on my front or back and now my shoulders/back are really sore and killing me! Other than that, I notice a difference if the straps are either in the wrong place on my shoulders (I need the straps to kind of cup my shoulder) or if the straps are twisted. Also if I don't get the waist belt tight enough or if I wear ds too low on my back...

User Tag List