Free baby sling! Just pay for shipping - Mothering Forums
Babywearing > Free baby sling! Just pay for shipping
JFTB1177's Avatar JFTB1177 01:39 PM 06-29-2011

I got an email from "What to Expect" saying you can get a free baby sling if you put in promo code "WTE" before checkout: www.sevenslings.com

PatioGardener's Avatar PatioGardener 06:22 PM 06-29-2011

You may want to google reviews before ordering. I have heard some complaints.

Adaline'sMama's Avatar Adaline'sMama 06:58 PM 06-29-2011
I'll complain.

I got this sling for free (after paying the $12.00) for shipping), and its just not a very good sling. The colors are WAY brighter in real life than they are on the website and I feel like the measurments are way complicated. I wear a size 12 dress and I ordered an XL. it was pretty small. I think these are made for little bitty ladies, but regardless they arent quality.
Mom2M's Avatar Mom2M 04:21 AM 06-30-2011
I got this too and felt that it was a waste of money. The color was ok on mine but it was small even though I used their measurements. Also, it is very cheap material and I just didn't even feel comfortable using it because of that.

JFTB1177's Avatar JFTB1177 11:36 AM 06-30-2011

Uh-oh! Sorry ladies :(

Adaline'sMama's Avatar Adaline'sMama 05:58 PM 06-30-2011
Dont be sorry, it is a super cheap sling if you just need something to keep in the glovebox as a backup.
Naturallove's Avatar Naturallove 06:09 PM 06-30-2011

I ordered one of those, but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. I am not expecting much out of it, but mine is very pretty looking. It's blue with white peacock like feathers on it. I have two friends who ordered them at the same time and they both seem to like them all right as an occasional sling. They both use them with their older babies to do hip carriers.

Naturallove's Avatar Naturallove 06:10 PM 06-30-2011

Sorry for the typos the prego brain is really great at those...

synepona's Avatar synepona 02:08 PM 07-04-2011

I got one of these a while ago, and it'll be a back up, keep in the car, sling, most likely.

They do offer 'size insurance' for just a few dollars, which might be a good idea for anyone taking them up on this offer.

The slings are a single layer of cotton, and seem 'light duty'. I've made lots of carriers, and all of mine seem more 'every day use' than this one does, so that is why it'll likely be a back up! That said, b/c it's only one layer, and not thick, it folds up really small & will be easy to tuck in a glove box, handbag etc.

For a 'free' sling, it's not bad! But I'd never pay full price for it :)

Up