Most comfortable toddler back carry with a woven wrap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-03-2011, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have an Ergo and am not very happy with it for back carries since I have a super long torso and my daughter only gets a view of my back, no matter how high I hike it up.  I have tried a few high back carries with a wrap that I am borrowing, but can't seem to last longer than about 10 minutes thanks to back and shoulder soreness.  Am I missing something?  I have watched lots of videos on wrapping, but maybe I haven't found just the right style yet? My daughter is 19 months, very tall, and about 24 pounds if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Mama to a sweet little redheaded girl, born 11/09; and my HBAC baby, little brother, born 7/12.

#2 of 5 Old 07-03-2011, 03:37 PM

I'd suggest a back wrap cross carry with a chestbelt or a double hammock.  Both are mutli-layer and distribute the weight over different areas of your upper body.  One of my favorite thing about woven wraps is that there are so many tying variations and they can feel very different in terms in weight distribution.  Which means that in theory, there is a comfortable wrap carry out there for everyone!

Good luck finding something that works. thumb.gif

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#3 of 5 Old 07-06-2011, 03:53 AM

I love Jordan's back carry, it is quick for us which is important now that she is impatient and feels comfortable. My DD is about the same size as yours.

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#4 of 5 Old 07-06-2011, 04:34 PM

What carries have you tried so far?  My favorite is by far double hammock.  DD is 30ish lbs and I'm 6 months pregnant, and it's still comfortable for us.

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif
#5 of 5 Old 07-06-2011, 05:30 PM

My favorites are reinforced ruck and Jordan's back carry.  I cannot do carries that go across my chest (issue with plugged ducts), so only do ruck straps.  Those work the best for me.

Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06, Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09,
Go with your gut, follow your heart.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page