Sleeping while worn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-17-2011, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby is 12 weeks old. I wear her a fair bit - around the house, for walks and whenever we go anywhere. Sling, moby and ergo (though mostly sling in warm weather). When I pop her in there is sometimes a small window while she rides around awake and I talk to her about whar I'm doing/seeing, but then she sleeps. It could be that if she seems really alert and awake I try to play with her or read to her and not put her in the sling if she seem to want to wiggle about and kick (she is my first so she gets lots of attention...;)) and obviously she would probably sleep in the sling because that is what she needs. But do you think she will get to a point when she wants to ride in the sling and be awake for a while? Did other people have this experience? Just wondering if when she is older and needs to sleep less if she will still be happy in the sling! (I hope so!) 

#2 of 3 Old 07-20-2011, 11:41 AM

She is still very young. She will get to the point where the world is very interesting and she will let you know when she wants that interaction.

I would expect her reach that milestone about 4 months of age.

Around that time baby's worn in carriers decide that facing the wearer is old news and want to view the world a bit more. I recommend hip and back carries as they give baby new things with the ability to re-organize and to shut off the information stream by snuggling to your body, smelling you and simply sleeping with ease and comfort.

Here is a link for baby wearing groups, you can network with them and learn hip and back carries.

http://www.sakurabloom.com/pages/Babywearing-Groups.html 

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

#3 of 3 Old 08-02-2011, 09:01 PM

Of couse, do not worry. When she gets older, she will quite probably still like being worn when awake. I personally found that when DD got a bit older, she liked being worn when there was some movement (me walking somewhere, or swaying when cooking, doing dishes),  When she was up and we had to stay in one spot (i. e. on the bus), she was not a big fan of being in the carrier. For some time I ended up standing  and moving a bit when on the bus (this is tiring) to keep her happy and quiet. Once she was able to sit and stand up, she definitely wanted to be out of the carrier on busses or when there was no fun around:-.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page