Help finding a SSC. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2011, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have three SSCs that are all just okay, and have something not so great about them. None that I love.

Ergo Sport-- probably the most comfy, but very worn out from constant use with DD. Also the straps are soooo long on me. I tighten them almost all the way.

Pikkolo-- great for right now (10 weeks old) but it hurts my shoulders/neck a little, since it's not as good as the others at putting weight on my hips. I also have the waist belt, which is kind of a pain because it's not completely attached to the carrier. (Tried it when DD was an older baby)

Beco BB2-- bought because I loved the print. I've been wearing DS in it froggy-style and I can't stand the clips up front. His arms get tangled in the Y panel and those clips and he gets very upset. I don't think I need the Y panel for back carries because I got pretty good at swinging DD around to my back in the Ergo Sport.

I have a long torso and am somewhat tall, somewhat thin (about 5'9", size 8~ish) DS is also really tall (26" at 9 weeks...ped said this is "off the charts" lol.gif)

Can anyone recommend a SSC that I will really love? I'm really sad that I spent so much $$ on this fancy new Beco, only to not really like how it fits on us.

Help please mamas.

Mama to Fenergy.gif(06/11/09) and baby boy C baby.gif (06/09/11) 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2011, 10:12 AM

Can't speak from personal experience as DD isn't big enough for it yet, but I have a Patapum Baby (as opposed to Toddler) that I have read great things about. It's similar to the Ergo, but because they're not very popular in the US, they are much less expensive--I got mine for $40 new! It was on clearance, but usually they run around $75 new, I think.  I'm really looking forward to trying it as people rave about how comfy they are, and you can use the baby version for toddlers, too. So at least it's cheap enough that it might be worth trying out?

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:59 AM

Here is a link http://www.sakurabloom.com/pages/Babywearing-Groups.html 

You might hang onto your SSC until baby can properly fit the carrier.  Until then try  Ring slings, German style wovens and Podegais (Korean) carriers are suitible from birth to toddlerhood. You might want to check around your area for a local baby wearing group to help you find one of these carriers to meet your families needsRing slings, German style wovens and Podegais (Korean) carriers are suitible from birth to toddlerhood. You might want to check around your area for a local baby wearing group to help you find one of these carriers to meet your families needs.   I do appreciate that many I Ia a ring sling, a woven wrap or a Korean Podegai.

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

User Tag List