help! I have a 27 lb eight month old! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-11-2011, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My baby is so heavy! How do I give her the in arms time she needs when my back can't handle it? I use and ergo and put her on my back, but it's hard. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Wowza! lol... That is great!  So, you say you have issues with the Ergo- what kind?  Is it just the balancing of getting her on your back, or is it the Ergo in general?  If it is the "getting her on your back- there are some ways- some people sit on the couch and do it (not quite as easy when you are shopping!) Some put one strap up then do a hip twist and grab the leg and slide the baby around the hip to the back holding the babies leg.  Others (myself included) would put the baby over my shoulders onto the back and then they would hold on and I could pull the straps up.  However, 8 months maybe or may not be too young to "hold" depending on your child. I remember by 11 months it was no issue anymore.

If it is an Ergo thing- then you may want to sell it and try some others on the market.  There are some good soft structured carriers out there that you can get for good prices.  I would say look at soft structured carriers or maybe a wrap.

In the last couple weeks Video Product Reviews has done some reviews on some carriers with videos- search "carriers"

http://videoproductreview.blogspot.com/

Hope that helps!

[B][I]~Ang~ Mom to 2 sport-head crazy girls: Rainey and Breeze  and my little lost love- @18 weeks with gestational age of 7 weeks

RAINBOW BABY DUE MAY 4th!!!

Tags
Babywearing , Ergo Sport Carrier , Ergo Baby Carrier
User Tag List