Does your DH/DP baby-wear? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Does your DH/DP baby-wear?
Yes 70 88.61%
No 9 11.39%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2011, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonrose View Post

What carrier is that? Definitely manly and looks to be good for a toddler.

It's an Onya...it was my creation. I first sewed them myself, and now we are producing them! DH, SIL, Bro and I teamed up and we're now a family company. Pretty exciting, actually. :) The carrier also works on a chair. My siggy has the link to our website if you're curious. Or you can PM me...

Diana. Wife and partner to Jon since 11/04. Home-birthing, natural milky momma to Katie Annalie - 08/06 and Evan Frederick - 06/09
grouphug.gif

designer/manufacturer of: http://www.onyababy.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 PM

this is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenrose View Post

Oh, look what I found! The baby in there? Is me. Wedged in with towels so I wouldn't fall out the leg holes at 2 months old. That's my dad.

Dad wearing me

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

Old 12-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Yes he does. He will wear a wrap if I wrap him but other than that he LOVES his ergo.

nak.gifMallory married to dh_malesling.GIFAaron. Mommy to dust.gifCaitlin andhearts.gif Olivia

selectivevax.gifwinner.jpgwaterbirth.jpg

Old 12-12-2011, 02:48 PM

My husband (DH? I'm new here) wears the baby. I think he likes it -- we have a couple of strollers and he finds it easier than using them. We started with a Moby, tried out some SSCs and then ended up with a couple gender-neutral ring slings. We are both on board with the Attachment Parenting philosophy/approach, so that's part of it. Explaining the reasoning behind it and showing him the studies behind it (he's a scientist) helped with that. But babywearing also makes life easier -- maybe you could entice him with that aspect? AND it's damn sexy.

I have a whole section of Babywearing Papas on my Too Hot For Stroller blog, www.toohotforstroller.wordpress.com .

Old 12-13-2011, 11:11 AM

Ex would on occassion wear a baby, but he complained the entire time. DP, Apollo, is totally excited for the opportunity to wear a wee one once we have our own baby.

lady.gifLady to my Fellaheartbeat.gif fuzmalesling.gif, knit.gifMama to my Babies: babygirl.gifDD-10 (Hospital), babygirl.gifDD-7 (UC), babyboy.gifDS-4 (UC), babyboy.gifDS-newborn 9/2/12 (UC)

Old 12-13-2011, 01:05 PM

I agree with the posters who said it's sexy. I've never in my life seen as many adoring women as when I walked in NYC with my husband while he wore our newborn in a woven wrap. These days the Boba gets a lot more use because it's so much easier to take baby in/out (she's walking now).

While I was pregnant my DH and I went together to a babywearing class at the local CD/BW store. We both got to try on many different types of carriers and we picked one out together. He was reluctant to try a woven wrap at first because of the complexity of wrapping it, but after the class he was convinced that it was his preferred option because of the back/shoulder support. They also gave us great tips on safely wearing a newborn, which helped a lot in those early days.

Mama to A (08/10) & E (03/13).
Old 12-14-2011, 03:30 PM

Yup - DH has worn both our sons but only in the Ergo. He's one of like five bearded baby-wearing dads in our neighborhood! I do find it odd that he refuses to even attempt a back carry even though our 10-month-old is about 24 pounds but he says he doesn't like not being able to see our LO's face.

Megan, loving her sweet rainbow1284.gif boys, born Aug. 2008 and Feb. 2011, and their sister, born still March 2007 candle.gif

Tags
Babywearing , Pouch Slings , Moby Wrap , Ring Slings
User Tag List