Trying to stand up in moby wrap - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-24-2011, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is one month old, I introduced the moby wrap at 2 1/2 weeks, newborn hug hold, but he is a little wiggly worm and often won't rest in it, try to stretch his legs, lift his head out and look around, push himself away with his arms...

What can I do? Is there a different position?

fly-by-nursing1.gif

#2 of 5 Old 09-24-2011, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

mabye a costly answer ... unless you can borrow something to "try out"

.... but have you tried a different type of baby carrier ? I had a sling baby carrier at a time and it worked well for me/that child from day 7 onwards, offering a variety of position

whatever the reason ( not having had enough milk, having just breastfed recently & prefering to be upright for a while, a too hot climate for specific type of baby carrier, a wet diaper or a bowel movement or whatever little adjustment that the baby is going through just at that moment, that could be just for the next few minutes or next hour, who knows .....)

if the baby is wiggling in the baby carrier, it's just that it's not "just right" for him just at that time

so either another type of baby carrier, or another position, or ... another activity for a little while ....

finding the "right fit" between your need, his need & what you hope to be doing in errands whilst carrying your son  ... is really appreciable since it makes every day life so much easier ... good luck in your search of what will work for you depending on your precise circumstances ....

#3 of 5 Old 09-25-2011, 05:43 AM

Sure there's something you can do!  It sounds like you're wrapping him with his legs "froggied" in the wrap.  You can actually wrap babies with their legs out of the wrap from birth, as long as you have them positioned in a seated squat (not dangling down by their crotch).  That way he'll be able to stretch his legs and wiggle around a little.

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif
#4 of 5 Old 09-27-2011, 02:15 PM

we have a k'tan (which is like the moby but you just dont have to wrap it - so its easier to put on) and we really like the feet free hold. its called the hug for k'tan, i dont know what moby calls it. we love this hold. its so cozy and lo always falls asleep in it.

#5 of 5 Old 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you I will look into different carriers, I have one regular infantino baby carrier here but I just like the wrap better.

Oh and I think there is also a hold where the babys legs are out.

Thanks everyone!

fly-by-nursing1.gif

Tags
Baby Ktan , Babywearing , Moby Wrap

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page