Bearing down in Moby - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 09-26-2011, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi,

We just started carrying our 2.5 month old DS in a Moby wrap.  He loves facing out, but sometimes he does this weird thing where he looks like he's bearing down.  Does anyone know what's up with that?  It only happens when I wear him outward facing with his legs out.  At first I thought it might be that he still wants his legs in, but he fights the wrap when I tuck his legs.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Anka

hippie.gifwife to DH, new mom to babyboy.gif 7/4/2011.  femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif BFPChart2.gif cd.gif knit.gif

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have followed me.  They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 09-26-2011, 09:08 PM

Can you explain a little more what the bearing down looks like?  Is he pulling up his legs?  I am having a hard time picturing what you are talking about.

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

#3 of 6 Old 09-27-2011, 05:03 AM - Thread Starter

He pulls his legs up, stretches his arms out, and valsalvas to the point of being red in the face... just like he looks before he has a bowel movement.  It's really weird.  I figured since he was pulling his legs up, he might want his legs tucked, but then he stretches them out and fights the wrap.

Thanks!

Anka

hippie.gifwife to DH, new mom to babyboy.gif 7/4/2011.  femalesling.GIF familybed1.gif BFPChart2.gif cd.gif knit.gif

"I remember my mother's prayers and they have followed me.  They have clung to me all my life." -- Abraham Lincoln. 

#4 of 6 Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 PM

Wearing facing out is incredibly hard on both the baby & the wearer. It's really irresponsible that companies keep promoting it.

If you feel like you have to wear him facing out for some reason, make sure the fabric is spread out to the knees & that the knees are higher than the bum. His legs probably aren't well supported enough.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#5 of 6 Old 09-28-2011, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks -- I did that and it worked!

I keep him facing out because he likes looking around.  It's definately more awkward for me, and I don't like not being able to see his face as well.  The other day he had a rough day, though, and let me have him facing in.

Again, thanks for your help.

Best,

Anka

#6 of 6 Old 09-29-2011, 04:45 PM

Glad it helped!

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

Tags
Babywearing , Moby Wrap

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page