Moby troubleshooting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all!  Can anyone give me some pointers?  I love my Moby and have been using it a lot to get things done around the house.  But now that my DD is 2 months and 12-13 lbs, she's challenging me a little. 

Maybe I'm not tying it tight enough, or something.  She insists on hanging her head back as far as possible so she can stare at the ceiling/lights.  It makes it impossible to do anything, because I then need to support her head so I don't bash it on cupboards.  She's had an obsession with lights since day one, and enjoys staring at the ceiling in general.  I think she likes having her head bent backward, but it looks so uncomfortable, and makes things difficult for me. 

I've tried wrapping her tighter, and pulling the folds as far up as I can, but I can't seem to keep her from doing this. 

Any tips, Moby veterans?

Thanks!

e

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 10-26-2011, 09:53 PM

One of my twins does that too, maybe try the side wrap so she can look around? You could also wear her on your back.

Wife to DH  dh_malesling.GIF Momma to twin girls slingtwin.gif cloth diapering, no vaxing, family bed, organic living, eating and wearing family! treehugger.gif

#3 of 4 Old 11-01-2011, 10:33 AM

Back carry is not safe in a Moby or other stretchy wrap. 

The carry that I used with my DS in the Moby had him facing sideways instead of tummy to tummy with me.  That meant he could see out without leaning away from my body.  It was basically the hug carry, but instead of snuggling his front between my breasts, I turned him sideways in a fetal curl and nestled his side between my breasts.  Pull the side up over his head to hold his head in place, but don't cover his face, and he can still see everything without moving much at all. 

HTH

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#4 of 4 Old 11-01-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristeen View Post

Back carry is not safe in a Moby or other stretchy wrap. 

The carry that I used with my DS in the Moby had him facing sideways instead of tummy to tummy with me.  That meant he could see out without leaning away from my body.  It was basically the hug carry, but instead of snuggling his front between my breasts, I turned him sideways in a fetal curl and nestled his side between my breasts.  Pull the side up over his head to hold his head in place, but don't cover his face, and he can still see everything without moving much at all. 

HTH

\

Never do a back carry in a Moby! There is a great video on youtube showing how a baby can just lean back and flip right out of it because the fabric is stretchy!

If you try a carrier like a woven wrap, mei tai or a ssc (I love the Beco gemini), it would hold her so that she can't lean that far out. I really like all three of those kind of carriers and they are great for leaners!
Check out the info on different carriers on thebabywearer.com
Of course after you learn all about them, you can get a good deal on the FSOT forum there! smile.gif

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page