Makeshift sling? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-24-2011, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Money is insanely tight for us right now, I'm talking...sometimes $5 to last us from paycheck to paycheck with hubby's work being all the way across town.  I'm really wanting a sling for my little O because he loves being held and being close to my chest, but we simply can't afford one.  I would try and make one, maybe like a moby wrap because that's what I used with my other two kids, but I no longer have a sewing machine *or* access to one.

So is there a way to makeshift a sling of some sort?  I'm not against prancing around my house wearing a sheet lol, I just want WeeMan to be close to me but I'd also love to be able to actually use my hands sometimes :D

Wife to PJ. Mommy to Jacob, Summer, & Owen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 PM

we are big fans of sheet slings here! I cannot tell you how many times I forgot my sling when nannying last year and used a sheet to hold up the cute little baby there. 

however, we have a moby that we don't need. PM me your address and its yours. A friend of ours gave it to us because her baby doesn't enjoy it so much. We had just bought material to make two, so we have one we've been looking for a good home for. You win! If you want it, its yours! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 10-24-2011, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsara View Post

we are big fans of sheet slings here! I cannot tell you how many times I forgot my sling when nannying last year and used a sheet to hold up the cute little baby there. 

however, we have a moby that we don't need. PM me your address and its yours. A friend of ours gave it to us because her baby doesn't enjoy it so much. We had just bought material to make two, so we have one we've been looking for a good home for. You win! If you want it, its yours! 

Oh my god you are AWESOME!! I'm NAK so it's hard to type, but I'll pm you my address when we're done. Wow, thank you SO much!!!!

Wife to PJ. Mommy to Jacob, Summer, & Owen.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:55 PM

Onsburg fabric is another good choice for a diy wrap.

Mama to twins, my little guy, and
Old 10-26-2011, 04:48 AM

Here's a video about making a sling from a sheet, to get you through until the Moby shows up.  smile.gif  It's kind of hard to see how she's tying the slip knot, but if you look up "slip knot woven wrap" on youtube you should find some more tutorials.

Mama lady to my lady baby born 3/09 on the kitchen floor.  Looking forward to seeing which room's floor the next one will be born on in October.  love.gif

User Tag List