Best Carrier for Breastfeeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-26-2011, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've recently discovered I can nurse while babywearing joy.gif but I'm having trouble actually doing it.  All I have is a homemade wrap- DD is 5.5 wks so we're also new to babywearing.  I've tried all sorts of carries, they all seem great but when I put her in them they just don't feel right, she feels like she is falling, or her head rolls around, or my back aches etc.  DD is a big baby, she was 9 lb at birth and I'm guessing at least 11 lb now.  I'd also like something a little easier to put on, without the long ends that drag in the snow and mud, and that I can take baby in and out of easily.

I'm thinking of purchasing something, possibly a Maya or UpMama.  We don't mind spending a bit more for something of quality, especially as we plan on having a large family, so we'd like it to last a long time.  On the other hand I don't want to spend a fortune on something that won't work/be comfortable etc.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Married to the love of my life and SAH Mama to my little sweet pea (Sept 2011) and darling baby boy (Dec 2012) novaxnocirc.gifh20homebirth.gifhomeschool.gif bfinfant.gifslinggirl.gifcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2011, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I nurse a ton in my RS - with a toddler, and often at parks, its become necessary! I find it a bit easier than nursing in a wrap, but I can do both. I have a converted wrap RS myself (sleeping baby productions) (two, actually smile.gif )

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

User Tag List