Woven wrap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-01-2011, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

With DS I adored my Moby.  But he was a fall baby.  This little one is going to be a summer baby, and the Moby is a bit too hot, I think.  I have a MT, an Ombu, a RS and the Moby still from DS, but I really want a woven wrap. 

So which one?  Coolest, most versatile, easiest on/off, etc.  Which one should I be looking at?

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 02:33 PM

I have a Didymos Kobalt Rouge that we used in the summer (my son was born 8/26/10) and it was lightweight. We tried our Moby then too but both of us were always really sweaty with that one! Far too heavy for summer. I think most of the Didymos Indios are supposed to be lightweight and good for summer. I think Hoppediz makes a lightweight wrap too!

Old 12-29-2011, 08:40 PM

I braved the Oklahoma heat with an Ellaroo last summer. As long as I got out and back in before the temp hit the mid 90s, we were reasonably comfortable.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:15 PM

There are a number of woven wraps that are much lighter/thinner than Moby.

Cotton, Cotton Linen blends are great in heat, there are a number of German style woven manufacturers that offer these fibers.

Also there are gauze wraps like Wrapsody Baby Bali Breeze. Some find it hard to go from Moby to a Bali Breeze because of how thin they are.

Maybe google for local babywearing groups and see if you can try a few different kinds before you buy?

femalesling.GIF Tiffany ClauWi Certified Baby Wearing Consultant, Educator and e-tailer femalesling.GIF

User Tag List