Carrier for newborn? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-04-2011, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

I'm due in a month with baby #2 so will really need to start babywearing earlier than I did with my son. We have an Ergo which I loved when my son was a bit older, but I wasn't very comfortable with it when he was a newborn. I tried the Moby wrap once with him and that didn't feel right either. I did like the New Native sling, but sometimes it seemed like he would slide down in it and his head would collapse into his chest a bit, and I also heard that they're no longer making the New Natives. I'm wondering what others suggest for an easy carrier for a newborn? I have a few friends who've used the Mei Tai and liked that, but wanted some second opinions. Thanks!

~Lynn

#2 of 2 Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I agree the Mei Tai is great!

And honestly you can put a smaller baby in the Ergo too. I've been carrying my 3-month-old daughter in the Ergo since she was pretty tiny, like maybe a month old. We don't even use the infant insert, and she's not a huge baby or anything. You can swaddle them before putting them in the Ergo if they're really tiny.

ETA: oops just saw you tried the Ergo with a newborn & didn't like it. In your case I'd try the Mei Tai!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page