The Ergo Baby Carrier... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-04-2011, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I absolutely love the Ergo Baby Carrier. Without a doubt, of the three or four slings/carriers I've tried, it is by far the most user friendly and can accommodate babes from newbie to 3 or 4 years old. The ease of doing it out in public places is for me the most important aspect.

#2 of 5 Old 11-04-2011, 06:49 PM

Thanks!  We picked up a used Snugli at Once Upon a Child to try it out and we're hooked on babywearing but it only goes to 26 lbs so we're already shopping for our next one!  We'll look into the Ergo. :)

#3 of 5 Old 11-04-2011, 11:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Try the Beco Gemini too if you get the chance. I have both and, for me, the Beco *far and away* exceeds the Ergo. I think the key differences are that the Beco straps cross over at the back and that you can adjust the width of the base. The Ergo base was way to wide for my LO for ages. She was almost 12 months before she could sit comfortably with her knees bent. 

I also prefer the softer fabric of the Beco and the way the buckles close (safety release button rather than threaded through an elastic strap). Oh, and I think the Becos are prettier too but that's not such a big deal.

It's obviously a personal preference thing and certainly many people seem to love the Ergo, I just don't get it myself smile.gif

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#4 of 5 Old 11-06-2011, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katelove View Post

Try the Beco Gemini too if you get the chance. I have both and, for me, the Beco *far and away* exceeds the Ergo. I think the key differences are that the Beco straps cross over at the back and that you can adjust the width of the base. The Ergo base was way to wide for my LO for ages. She was almost 12 months before she could sit comfortably with her knees bent. 

I also prefer the softer fabric of the Beco and the way the buckles close (safety release button rather than threaded through an elastic strap). Oh, and I think the Becos are prettier too but that's not such a big deal.

It's obviously a personal preference thing and certainly many people seem to love the Ergo, I just don't get it myself smile.gif

I agree with this. For me it is much easier to use and I sold my Ergo. It doesn't go to toddler/preschool age, though, but I have a Bamberoo now as a SSC and again for me, it is significantly more comfortable and easy to use than an Ergo

Deb, Mom to Madeleine 8/2005 and Maia 11/2009 Nick: and Chris
#5 of 5 Old 11-08-2011, 02:28 AM

Ergo is very popular where I live. We got it when DD was one, is easy to use - my husband likes it :-). It is comfy for the kid, too and has a hood. Great carrrier for a younger child. The only thing negative is that is not meant for very tall children. DD is 20 months now, very tall (95 centile) and I stopped being comfortable putting her in Ergo on my back, as the fabric finishes in the middle of her back and she can bend backwards quite a bit. It no longer feels safe for me. In retrospect, I wish we would have bought a Toddlerhawk or a Manduca. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page