Boba Giveaway- 3 Parents Will Win! - Page 10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#271 of 276 Old 11-15-2011, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I started babywearing with my first DD when she was a few weeks old, and I found it was the only way to calm her down and get her to nap.  BWing with my new little man has been a lifesaver.  Having an almost 2 year old and newborn means I constantly need a free hand :)

#272 of 276 Old 11-15-2011, 08:19 PM

With my first, I wore her because it was fun, and I liked being close to her.  With the second, I wore him out of necessity!! 

#273 of 276 Old 11-15-2011, 09:08 PM

I love the benefits of babywearing...and it goes along with everything that "feels right"! 

#274 of 276 Old 11-16-2011, 01:55 AM

I heard that the time after birth is really a 4th trimester and having baby close to the heart outside the body is a part of the process to nurture baby into the world. By carrying him/her close to their bodies, Mommy and Daddy both are forming that bond with their lil love as well as the lil one feels safe and cozy! 

#275 of 276 Old 11-16-2011, 03:19 AM

I wore my daughter because I loved her more than anything in the world and wanted her in my arms as much as possible - simple decision.  After multiple miscarriages, I really treasured my baby.  Babywearing soothed her, helped with breastfeeding, regulated her body temperature when she was sick, but it also soothed ME and created a wonderful post-partum experience!  It was the greatest thing I've ever done, and I'm still wearing her at 2 and a half years old!!

That was the reason in my heart for babywearing.  The reason in my HEAD was due to working with young children, as a kindergarten teacher, and noticing the sensory needs that continue to grow more and more with each new class as the years pass.   It's scary how many of these young children are so sensory deprived and engage in seeking behaviors, not to mention lacking in empathy and feeling connected to others.  I wonder often if the containers are responsible for an entire generation of kids who cannot organize themselves in a sensory and social/emotional manner.  Babywearing is hope for the future!

#276 of 276 Old 11-16-2011, 10:51 AM

I started wearing my babies because I wanted to cut out the middle-man.  Why was my snuggly baby in carseat bucket and I was carrying that heavy bucket?  Why was she in a stroller and I was holding that and not her?  Parents should hold their babies not plastic, it just seemed natural.

Sarah knit.gif married to Micah, mama to dd1 (9), dd2 (7) and ds (2). We love to homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif goorganic.jpgchicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page