Boba Giveaway- 3 Parents Will Win! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-09-2011, 07:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I saw how babywearing helped my friends, and decided to try it to help ease my baby's fussing, and to be able to get moving, in and out of the house!

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2011, 07:44 PM

When my first child was born, I was pretty much oblivious to the world of attachment parenting. I tried to do everything "by the book" with her. I frowned upon co-sleeping, I thought babywearing would hurt my back, yadda yadda. When she was about 6 months old I joined a parenting website and slowly started learning about AP. At first I thought "crunchy" moms were a little...out there. But then I became intrigued. When I found out I was pregnant with my second I dove into the world of AP. I researched everything from co-sleeping to delaying solids. The one thing I knew I wanted to do, especially with having an older child to tend to, was baby wear. My grandmother bought me a Moby wrap as a baby gift, and I quickly fell in love. I wore my son all the time. We did chores together, I cradled him through stores, took him on hikes. It was wonderful. Baby wearing is miraculous! My daughter had suffered from colic, and was quite the fussy baby. I was always told "Don't carry her too much - you'll spoil her!" I can't believe I had fallen for that hogwash! My son has always been a calm, peaceful baby and I completely thank my more attached parenting approach this time around. My son is now 13 months old and 22lbs, and while we still love our Moby, it's getting a little tougher to carry him in it. I've always wanted to try the soft structured carriers, like the Boba. Baby wearing is the best! Will be sad when my son is too big to be worn, but look forward to wearing baby #2 whenever he/she comes along :)

Old 11-09-2011, 07:45 PM

I knew I wanted to use a carrier before I even knew it was called babywearing! The idea of my baby being safe and snug right next to me so we can experience life together is why I wear my children (3.5 year old and a 4 week old)! I feel that we are doing things together when they are on me as opposed to just watching me when they are not. I honestly don't know how people raise children without wearing them... babywearing lends an intimate/emotional connection to my children that I cannot imagine could be fostered without wearing them. 

Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 PM

I love carrying my son. It feels so natural. I love having him close to me, safe. I love feeling his little body, feeling his breaths, knowing that he is comfortable and safe attached to me. There's nothing like it! And it's so much fun- you always have a buddy! There was a phase when E was first born, that wearing him was he only way he slept during the day.

I love wearing him and I have always wanted to try a carrier like this. I'm not a huge fan of the Bjorn and the moby works just fine, but I'd love to try and easier method!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 PM

I love being close to baby and making him happy by carrying him! That's why I became a baby wearer! Didn't want a "bucket baby" those carried in their car seats!
Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Trimble View Post

My wife told me about this giveaway, and I said hey what about us?  What about the dads?  I wear my daughter when we go out.. sometimes she needs her daddy to be close by. I agree with my wife that there is nothing better than having her right next to you, I love it and so does our daughter.   

You are so right, Shane! Excuse me.  We love our baby wearing dads and wish there were more like you.  For your support and our appreciation we have changed the title of this contest. Thank you!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:59 PM

Since my husband was deployed to Afghanistan for the first six months of our son's life, I had to learn to do everything with a baby in tow--grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, cooking, walking the dogs...you get the idea.  We now have multiple babywearing items, but our favorite is our adorable tweet designed Boba.  My husband, who happens to be a Star Wars fan, calls it the "Boba Fett" and is his item of choice when it comes to wearing our son.  We prefer our Boba SSC because it's easy to wear our 25-lbs 10 month old on our backs, the SSC itself is ultra easy for us to get in and out of, and our son LOVES the stirrups.  We wear our son because he loves being close to us and we love wearing him because it keeps him safe and happy while we get things done.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:00 PM

I love being a babywearing parent because of the many benefits to my child.  Physically he feels warm and safe, I can easily tell if he's hungry or tired; he can sleep right where he's at, he can herar my heart beating... mentally and emotionally he knows that I'm available to him, he feels close to me even if he doesn't understand why that's important.  It decreases the levels of cortisol in his body and helps regulate body temperature.  Many carriers even allow for nursing.  I also love how close it makes me feel... I have a happy, healthy, satisfied babe.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:24 PM

I decided to baby wear after a few weeks of my son never wanting to be put down after he was born. He cried and cried if we ever put him down. I had thought about it and had a sling but it wasn't comfortable for either of us. So we tried a few other baby carriers and they were wonderful! I could always be close to my baby and do things around the house!!! And it was so nice going out and wearing him instead of lugging him in his car seat or putting him in his stroller. I wore him until he was about 15 months. Now we have a new little one on the way and I plan on wearing this baby as well!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 PM

I decided to babywear after I brought my one month old to a festival with my stroller and his carseat because he was too wobbly to sit in the stroller all by himself. After bumping in to about ten people, nearly running over children and not being able to go to certain areas because with the stroller it was too crowded, I bought a wrap the next day and haven't taken that giant nuisance anywhere since. I love wrapping Declan, he is right there with me, seeing and hearing what I hear. When I take hikes I can go anywhere, not just where a stroller can and a wrap is so muchmore comfortable than a joking backpack. I'm hooked for good!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:32 PM

there's really other place to put the baby sometimes

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

Old 11-09-2011, 08:34 PM

Liked on FB! Thanks for holding the contest, Boba!

In four words I can tell you why my husband and I became baby wearing parents:

Three children under six!

orngbiggrin.gif mom of three with stork-suprise.gif on the way

Old 11-09-2011, 08:40 PM

I decide to become a babywearing parent when my daughter was born. I started out wearing her out of necessity. My daughter was born in October, in Michigan. We didn't have a car so we found ourselves taking the bus. With the weather being so chilly, I needed the baby to be close to me so that I could be sure she was warm enough. It was also easy getting on and off the bus without a stroller. As my daughter got older, we found that she was a BIG cuddler. She always wanted to be held. I started to get somewhat depressed because I felt unable to get anything done around the house. I also felt as though I was neglecting my 12 year old. I decided to bring out the carrier to wear around the house. It worked! Suddenly I had my hands free again and I felt like I was getting much more done in the day. My depression began lifting. I bought a sling and it truly became my most valued baby gear item. As my daughter grew older we started using a mei tai for times when she needed longer snuggles. Becoming a babywearing parent changed my life! I truly believe that it saved me from sinking into a depression and it helps my daughter get in all the snuggles she needs in the day. I can't recommend it enough!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:42 PM

I came to babywearing through cloth diapering. Like cloth diapers, once I found out the health benefits of babywearing, I was sold!

Old 11-09-2011, 09:20 PM

i knew i was going to babywear since i was surrounded by it in my own childhood (my mom got me my subscription to mothering when i got pregnant, since it had been a touchstone for her), but once my son was born, i realized how much we both needed it. We are trying for number two now, and i've passed on most of my carriers, this would be wonderful.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:22 PM

About six years ago, I began nannying for a family who practiced Attachment Parenting.  We were a great fit, although I didn't know much about AP at the time.  This family introduced me to their baby carrier, which I faithfully wore back and forth to the park while caring for their daughter. My experience working in childcare centers (where we typically focus on helping children become independent), and my inexperience with AP made me wonder why I was "wearing" her when she was more than capable of walking. But, I stuck with it since her parents were so passionate and eager to teach me.  They were happy to lend me books and, ironically enough, back issues of Mothering Magazine. They had no tv in their home, so while Maja napped I poured myself into the huge stack of Mothering Magazines piled next to their couch. A new world was opened to me.  I realized through the many articles I read, that there were many health benefits to babywearing and breastfeeding. From that point on, I was committed to being a babywearing mama--if I was lucky enough to someday have a child of my own. I had cared for hundreds of children throughout my career in childcare, yet I felt a special bond with Maja as I held her and carried her and felt her snuggle against me as we walked to the library and various playgrounds in her neighborhood.    

Last year, when I learned I was expecting my first child, the first thing I did was order back issues of Mothering Magazine!  I wanted to "brush-up" on the latest in the Mothering world I had grown to love so many years ago.  I also registered for three different baby carriers (so far, Moby is my ultimate favorite).  When my daughter Adele was born this summer, five weeks premature, I knew immediately that I would use my Moby and give Kangaroo Care to Adele daily.  It was a comfort to both of us. At three weeks old, she attended her Godmother's wedding in a sling. She slept peacefully and was breastfed on demand throughout the wedding ceremony and reception. She has grown into a strong four month old now, and still LOVES being carried in her Moby. I love the bond that we have created and I thank that family I met so many years ago for introducing me to the world of baby-wearing.

-Beth Santoro

Expecting first child1sttri.gif with DP in August 2011joy.gif eager to be a breastfeeding, winner.jpg baby-wearing femalesling.GIF mama! delayedvax.gif
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 PM

My son was born 5weeks and 1 day early...we spent 15 days in the NICU and that is where I learned about a lot of the benefits of babywearing. Once I got him home I found that we both were more relaxed if we were close. I got a wrap and it was amazing what I could do...I loved that I could talk to my son and have him right there!! Now that he is 13months he loves to be carried on my hip, I love it most when he falls asleep, usually with his hands on my chest and his head on top of them.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:49 PM

My son was born 5weeks and 1 day early...we spent 15 days in the NICU and that is where I learned about a lot of the benefits of babywearing. Once I got him home I found that we both were more relaxed if we were close. I got a wrap and it was amazing what I could do...I loved that I could talk to my son and have him right there!! Now that he is 13months he loves to be carried on my hip, I love it most when he falls asleep, usually with his hands on my chest and his head on top of them.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:55 PM

I First was attracted to babywearing due to its convenience when we would go out where a stroller would be more nuisance than aid. Then, my first son was born in a record cool summer in Wisconsin, and then, along with his first two winters there before we moved away, babywearing was a way to snuggle him close for warmth. And most importantly, my husband and I learned in the early weeks of our son's life, that babywearing was comforting to our baby and us as new parents. Whenever we would wear him in any carrier, he would instantly calm down, snuggle in, and usually sleep.

Now with Baby 2 on the way, we know babywearing will be essential as we care for a newborn and chase an active, curious toddler.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:59 PM

A haiku on my reasons for wearing my babies:

Baby close, secure

​Hands free, baby can see, learn

Sweet kisses, warmth, love

Old 11-09-2011, 10:07 PM

I decided to wear my last baby after reading it helped with bonding and lactation. I've always had a lot of trouble due to medical issues, with breastfeeding. While I wasn't able to nurse as long as I wanted, I wore him exclusively for the first year and we are so very close. My sons (7&8yo) have also worn the baby from time to time (with supervision) and we are a VERY close family. I think it helped with my post partum, having my baby, skin to skin, near me almost all day for so long. It is such a drastic change, from having them inside you, to outside. I think it helps with that transition.
Snuggled In

Old 11-09-2011, 10:13 PM

I actually haven't gotten to baby-wear yet, but after doing lots of research over the past few years I am a strong believer in attachment parenting. I didn't used to feel this way, but while in college I took a child development class and learned a lot about how a child's brain develops. My family and friends think I'm a little crazy, but my husband and I plan on baby-wearing, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and keeping our baby whole. We have yet to conceive, but can't wait to raise an amazing little person :)

Old 11-09-2011, 10:15 PM

I started babyWearing with my oldest because we took the bus and it was by far the easier st way to travel. With my youngest I just love to have him close and warm, instead of in a stroller.  It also helped a lot when he was colicky

Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 PM

I started babyWearing with my oldest because we took the bus and it was by far the easier st way to travel. With my youngest I just love to have him close and warm, instead of in a stroller.  It also helped a lot when he was colicky

Old 11-09-2011, 10:16 PM

Old 11-09-2011, 10:18 PM

Old 11-09-2011, 10:20 PM

Old 11-09-2011, 10:26 PM

My little one is happiest in my arms. I "wear" my baby in a soft wrap carrier because he is most comfortable snuggled up  on my chest where he can hear my heartbeat, feel the warmth of my body, and inhale my familiar scent.  I feel that this setup is most natural for us and should be maintained so that he will thrive.  

I enjoy the benefits of being close to him too.  I am calmer, my mood is lifted and I feel like a superhero when he is nestled in close to me.  

I have discovered that wearing my son while I tackle everyday tasks, like grocery shopping or housework, have become more enjoyable and easier without having to lug a bulky car seat carrier or maneuver an awkward stroller.  

My family has decided that adopting  the time tested tradition of "babywearing" is what works the best for us. We encourage other families to try it out for themselves!

Old 11-09-2011, 10:28 PM

I am a foster mother and the infants that I parent come from a variety of different lives, most of them do not include attachment parenting.  Babywearing allowed me to quickly build a strong bond with my babies, they were there against my heart as often as they could be so that the new rythym of their life could begin as similiarly as possible to being in the womb.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:46 PM

I am a foster mother and the infants that I parent come from a variety of different lives, most of them do not include attachment parenting.  Babywearing allowed me to quickly build a strong bond with my babies, they were there against my heart as often as they could be so that the new rythym of their life could begin as similiarly as possible to being in the womb.

User Tag List