Boba Giveaway- 3 Parents Will Win! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-10-2011, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I love to carry my little ones  because it helps bonding, and keeps wandering strangers hands OFF the baby! =)

Meg-

Mom to 4 walking and 9 flying

TTC after TR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2011, 03:46 PM

I baby wear because I would rather carry my baby than a car seat or push a stroller. I love having both hands free with the ability to do other things while my baby is safe in snug and close!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:47 PM

Baby wearing helps me get in more cuddling in our days and Mama and Baby both love that. 

Kymberly, Mama to DD (08/22/05) DS (08/10/08) and
Old 11-10-2011, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Several reasons really ... the snuggle factor, the hands-free factor, the no-bulky-stroller factor,  the don't-touch-my-newborn factor, the discrete-breastfeeding factor, the less-crying-babe factor and last but not least the quicker lose-those-pregnancy-pounds factor.

Two wonderful boys born Aug 2009 and Sept 2011, and #3 due April 2015! I'm also a CLC and postpartum doula.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:48 PM

My daughter had to have emergency surgery when she was a week old and for the following 5 days she had to be in a open-air crib with very little contact to let the surgical incision heal properly and so that the nurses and doctors had easy access to her.  Being so close and not being able to hold her for very long was absolute torture.  All my mommy instincts begged me to pick her up but I knew I couldn't, so I wrapped myself around her crib by her head and stayed there for the 5 days of recovery.  

When my daughter was allowed to come home, I wouldn't even entertain the thought of being away from her (even for a nap!) and kept her right by me to either hold or cuddle with.  That sentiment continues to this day, a year later, as I babywear her on a daily basis so we can be as close together as possible and so we can interact, cuddle, kiss and I can make sure she is warm enough/cool enough/and shaded from the Sun.  

I love being a babywearing momma and I love having her near me always!  

Old 11-10-2011, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

A classmate showed up during orientation in my first year of university with her 9 week old nestled into a soft stretchy wrap, and I fell in love. We didn't have any children at that point, but a newborn snuggled into a wrap quickly became one of my primary images of myself as a mother. The first things I bought when I was finally pregnant three years later were a simple first sleeper and a wrap. We never really looked back! Two kids, three years, multiple different carriers later, and we're still wearing our kids all over the place. I've never tried a Boba, but would absolutely love to!

For greater things are yet to come...

Old 11-10-2011, 03:52 PM

I became a babywearer out of need while minding children. I noticed a sharp increase of anxiety if not held consistently while there parents were away during the day, this led me to turning to babywearing as a tool to help me "parent" as mindfully as possible. As the months wore on, it was less for emotional security and more for any and every outing and adventure. Minding 3 childen 3 and under and taking public transit daily - I highly valued by carriers.

The time ticks along and we are still not parents - but I'm an advocate for babywearing and a babywearing educator. I organize private and group classes, carry cards with me everywhere, and am in the middle of setting up a free class for teen mamas, at the end they'll each receive a free carrier that I've collected and sized to them. 

So while I'm not a PARENT, I do believe I'm help to teach valueable parenting skills to those in my community and online.

Good luck everyone!

Birth Attendant. Placenta Encapsulator. Reiki Practitioner. Vegan. Aspiring Midwife. Breastfeeding Educator Student. Two years of trying for our love child.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:55 PM

I decided to babywear while I was educating myself during pregnancy. I read a lot of positive information on babywearing (example Dr. Sears Attachment Parenting book) and am a type A on the go person and the hands free while having my baby close at the same time really appealed to me!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

Old 11-10-2011, 03:59 PM

I babywear for so MANY reasons!  My initial reason was survival. My son in on the Autism Spectrum  and has Sensory Processing Disorder. As a baby we didn't know this, but we did know he needed to be with me 24 hours a day. If he wasn't touching me, being held, he was unable to cope. Added to this was a husband that had severe health issues, so I had to be mom while also doing the shopping, cleaning, and general life activities. The only way to do this AND give my son the security he needed was to baby wear. I continued to wear him until he was about 3 years old.  Now I have another child, and babywearing is the best way to meet her needs while keeping up with my son, who is now 12. Babywearing allows me to keep the baby safe so I can attend homeschool field trips, co-op days, and more with my son. Both kids get time with me that way. I can't imagine how we would function otherwise. Now, however, I have to give back the carrier that I borrowed from a friend, and I have no idea how we will afford to buy one. I'm really hoping to win a Boba carrier so I can keep wearing my toddler while being an involved parent to my son. 

Old 11-10-2011, 04:02 PM

Four years ago when I was pregnant with my first child I bought a Baby Bjorn simply to use when carrying my newborn around the grocery store. I now wear my baby for so many other reasons like wanting my baby to participate in life with my family, wanting to hold my baby close for bonding, wanting my baby near me at all times to meet his/her needs immediately, easier breastfeeding when on the go, and as a parent to more than one child I also wear my baby for convenience:)

Old 11-10-2011, 04:04 PM

Because I always hated seeing people lugging their poor babies around in their car seats! Those poor little heads swinging around, strapped into that seat. Not for us!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:04 PM

Babywearing just makes sense.  I could let my baby cry and rush around trying to get things done, or, I can just strap said baby to my back and let her chill out and happily take it all in while I attend to other kiddos or tasks.  Babywearing moms are the ultimate multi-taskers:  Creating a secure bond while doing everything else.  

Mama of 4 beautiful little ones

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not.

--Dr. Suess    

Old 11-10-2011, 04:09 PM

My parents carried all 11 of my brothers and sisters and I. Rarely did they use the car seat for any other purpose then what it was intended for. So for me it was natural to keep my babies close to me and having 3 kids under the age of 6 it is a necessity to have my hands free! My youngest is currently teething and is never happy unless right up next to momma, so winning a Boba carrier would be an answer to prayer for me!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:15 PM

We had heard the phrase "in arms phase" and took it seriously- we wanted to hold, carry or snuggle our little man until he could crawl. We loved the idea of "hands free" carrying. At 18 mo we still have not felt the need to buy a stroller, and the carrier is not just hands free but wheels free- giving us the freedom to explore our new city by subway. The freedom and connection of baby wearing can not be beat!

"That's the way it is, if that's the way it seems to you."

"Cosi e se vi pare."

Luigi Pirandello

Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 PM

I want to hold my baby as much as possible!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 PM

Why wouldn't I want to carry my sweet baby close to me....they are right there....and usually sleep well when next to you! Haha!smile.gif
Old 11-10-2011, 04:18 PM

Why wouldn't I want to carry my sweet baby close to me....they are right there....and usually sleep well when next to you! Haha!smile.gif
Old 11-10-2011, 04:19 PM

I love the closeness to my girls. It feels safer in so many ways... and just adds to the attachment!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:26 PM

I baby wear because I have a very active 3yr old as well as my LO!!!
Old 11-10-2011, 04:30 PM

I started baby wearing with my oldest. He's now 4 and still our " back pack" boy! I used all kinds of carriers but haven't been able to afford a Boba. =(  My son was my little monkey, he was always on me sleeping or cuddling. Those car seats that people lug around were so cold and not something we wanted to do. So my boy snuggled next to me all day everyday. 2 children later and we are a full baby wearing family! My son and daughter ( 3) have their own slings for their " babies" and my hubby as a custom made MT to wear our big kids! Our youngest has been warn since he was 2 days old. =)

Old 11-10-2011, 04:31 PM

I wanted to be a baby wearing Mom because I believe that our babies should be kept close to us. It always soothes her, and she takes her longest naps when I wear her.

And I already liked Boba and Mothering on FB :)

I love babywearing!
an amazing friend sent me a letter when i first got pregnant telling  me that i didnt need much for a newborn and a carrier/wrap was one of her suggestions . I also had seen my friends wear their children and thought it was beautiful! and as a child i hated strollers my hatred continued into adulthood and parenting wearing babies is so amazing in every way!

mama to 4 - baby carrying because it feels natural - and it is a necessity - 

I have been using a ring sling throughout the years, but would love a new

more ergonomical carrier for my youngest (4 months) thanks for the chance!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:34 PM

I knew I would be a babywearer when I was pregnant with my first son, and my sister offered to buy me one of those "travel systems" with a matching stroller and carseat.  The thought of my tiny newborn strapped into a carseat which I could just put in the car and pop into a stroller, then pop back into the car made me realize I would never get to touch him and he would never get to feel the warmth of his mother when we were out and about.  I couldn't stand the thought of that and told her I didn't want the package.

We started out with a hand-me-down front-facing carrier (I won't name any names) which was uncomfortable for both me and baby.  Then we used a ring sling which was also uncomfortable with the pressure on one shoulder.  I finally found a really cheap well-used ergo carrier on Craigslist and gave it a try.  Wow, heaven!  I wore my first son for three years in that carrier.  I wore him in the house doing chores and out of the house hiking mountains!  Now it is aged and falling apart, but we still put our new LO in it.  It would be wonderful to have a new carrier for him, though. 

My favorite part of wearing my babies is being so close to them.  I love feeling their breath on my chest and their little heartbeats.  I also enjoy the convenience of breastfeeding while walking around a store, with no one the wiser :)

Old 11-10-2011, 04:39 PM

I ;oved the new features at ABC. fgh

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Old 11-10-2011, 04:39 PM

My high needs baby who screamed every time I set her down decided that I would be a baby wearing mama! That was 4 years and soon to be 3 kids ago, and I'm so glad she introduced us to baby wearing. Some of my favorite benefits: happy babies, less spit-up, hiding the post-pregnancy belly with a super cute baby, weight bearing exercise with no extra effort, and being able to use two hands to care for my toddlers while still holding my baby!

familybed2.gif cosleeping, bftoddler.gifextended nursing,femalesling.GIFbabywearing,gd.gifpositive disciplining, cd.gif cloth diapering, nocirc.gif, no circ, natural mamma to DD (11/07), and DS (2/09), wife to DH since (7/06)
Old 11-10-2011, 04:45 PM

STASH ENVY!  Haha!  Let's face it, we LOVE it when another mother checks out what we're wearing and how we're carrying! 

Old 11-10-2011, 04:49 PM

When my 2nd was born my first was only 15 months old so babywearing was a MUST. I needed both my hands available to take care of a toddler! :) My 2nd was a very fussy baby and one of the only ways she wouldn't cry was if i wore her in a wrap. I took her everywhere that way (grocery shopping, out to eat, etc.) Now I love to wear my 3 month old and she loves it as well! Babywearing is the way to go!!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM

As a new momma, I was so fortunate to live in a community where babywearing is considered normal and beautiful.  Because of this, I knew I too would wear my babies.  I didn't do it because the parenting books told me to or because I had read some ground-breaking study on the practice.  No, I chose to wear my babies because I wanted them to feel as close and secure as they did in my womb.  I treasured the nine months I was so blessed to carry my baby and wanted to continue that very special, intimate bond between us.  Furthermore, I wanted to share that precious feeling with my husband. So when it came time to gather items we would need for baby, a baby carrier was at the top of that list.  We went on to wear our daughter until she decided she would rather walk than be carried.  Our daughter is now three years old and full of independent spunk, but I believe her sweet, snuggly personality is due, in part, to the fact that she was carried so close to our hearts for such a long time.  As I write this, I'm nursing our brand new little bundle, a boy this time.  I'm loving babywearing all over again with him.  There is no greater feeling in the world than that of having a tiny, warm body pressed against you, or smelling that sweet baby smell right under your nose.  Babywearing isn't about finding the easiest ways to schlep around our little ones, it's about fostering strong, connective bonds between parent and child.  

Old 11-10-2011, 04:50 PM

with four kids it is great to wear one of them. it is one less to worry about their whereabouts. jennifer

User Tag List