Boba Giveaway- 3 Parents Will Win! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 276 Old 11-08-2011, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sponsored Content 

We have the winners. Thank you everyone for your lovely posts. It was a pleasure to read all of them!  It is my great honor to announce our winners:

First Place: Shainan, Post 4

Second Place: MyNameIsYou, Post 220

Third Place: Jandspapa, Post 214

Our winners will have received PM's requesting their shipping information. 

Thank you for sharing your reasons for babywearing love.gif

Boba Giveaway- 3 Parents Will Win!- CLOSED. WE WILL ANNOUNCE THE WINNER SOON. 

Boba and Mothering.com are pleased to bring you the opportunity to win your very own Boba Carrier.  As mentioned in this previous article, Boba fans love Boba for the comfort, support and functionality of the Boba design.  To celebrate the newest addition to the Boba Family, the soft structured Boba 3G Carrier, we will be giving away a handful of prizes. 

First Prize

One First Place winner will receive the Boba 3G Carrier

Kangaroo.jpg

The new Boba Carrier 3G is designed for babies and toddlers alike with its incredible features not seen on other soft structured baby carriers. The Boba Carrier 3G now has the option for an infant hold with any needing a separate insert. Other features include the new purse holder on the shoulder straps as well as pockets around the waist belt.

Second Prize

One Second Place Winner will receive a Boba Wrap

Boba Wrap.jpg

The Boba Baby Wrap is the perfect wrap style carrier – with its unique fabric blend and the no-guesswork tying, the Boba Wrap is a great choice for beginners and advanced babywearers alike. The simple design, free of buckles, straps or buttons makes it perfectly comfortable for both you and your baby.

Third Prize

One Third Place Winner will receive a Boba Pack

Kangaroo Pack.jpg

The Boba Pack was designed with busy babywearing families in mind! You can use the adjustable shoulder strap to wear the Boba Pack as a messenger bag. Or if you’re using the new Boba Carrier 3G, use the new shoulder strap holder feature to keep the strap in place while on the go! This bag features 10 pockets, including an insulated bottle holder, as well as a coordinating wet bag to make your life easier.

Join the Boba Family and enter for your chance to win!

How to Enter:

1. Like Boba on Facebook
  2. Reply to this thread: Tell tell us what made you decide to be a baby carrying parent

The top 3 favorite answers will be awarded the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes. After the winners are announced, Mothering and Boba will be sharing some of the great entries on Facebook and Twitter.

Details 

1. This is a contest exclusive to MotheringDotCommunity and Fans of Boba.  You must be a member of MDC and a Facebook Fan of Boba to win. Join MotheringLike Boba.
  2. Liking Mothering on Facebook is Optional, but appreciated. clap.gif It helps us judge what types of contests and content you want to hear more about.
  3. Contest DATES: This contest will run from 11/8/111 through 11/15/11
  4. Limit of one entry per member
  5. Winners will be announced in this thread, in Mothering’s Facebook and Twitter, and in Boba’s social media.
  6. Questions? PM Chirs Elias28
  7. MotheringDotCommuntiy Official Contest Terms & Conditions 

Have fun!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 276 Old 11-08-2011, 06:11 PM

Colic made us decide to babywear!  Actually, we decided before then, but the colic just reinforced it!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#3 of 276 Old 11-08-2011, 06:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
As a parent with mobility issues, it is a lot easier to wear baby than to haul around a clunky stroller everywhere.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#4 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 11:21 AM

I always knew I wanted to babywear. The idea of keeping my baby close to me at all times was always appealing to me. I was a member of the TheBump.com while I was pregnant, and stumbled upon the Attachment Parenting board. I'd never heard of it, so I began researching it. It was easy for me to see that I was definitely an AP leaning person. Thanks to that board I discovered that the carriers you find in stores (Bjorn, Snugli, etc) aren't good for you OR the baby. After much research, I DIYed a Mei Tai. At 2 days old I snuggled my newborn baby girl in a Mei Tai in the middle of Wal-Mart! Babywearing got us through colic, shopping, doing chores, etc...although it was definitely most beneficial when she had colic! I never had an infant car seat (we just had a convertible from the get go), so having a carrier allowed me to snuggle my baby through dinner, movies, grocery shopping or the mall. 

As my daughter got older, I began researching the different carriers. I tried many out, and when my daughter was around 15 months, I finally fell in love with one. The Boba 2g is my carrier of choice and I wish I had found it sooner! I have a bad back and fibromyalgia, yet the ergonomic design of the Boba allows me to carry my 27lb two year old while 22 weeks pregnant without pain. The Boba is really the only carrier that doesn't cause fibro related shoulder pain (and trust me, I have several other brand name carriers!) with a heavy toddler. 

I'm expecting my second child, another daughter, in March. I would absolutely ADORE to win a Boba 3g carrier. I have a stretchy wrap to use with my Mei Tai in the very early snuggly days, but I love the way you can use the 3g with a smaller baby than you can the 2g! Plus, all of my carriers are gender neutral. Now that I know I'm having another girl... I would LOVE to have a girlier carrier. 

I know that babywearing saved my sanity as a mom the first time around, I simply cannot imagine how important and life-saving it will be when I add a newborn to a 2 year old! I wore my daughter a LOT when she was little, but I have a feeling that I'll be wearing my second daughter even more! I honestly wouldn't be as laid back of a mom if it weren't for carriers! 

#5 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 PM

I love being a babywearer. Nothing is better than knowing your child is nice and secure right next to you.

#6 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:14 PM

One of the main reason is that its soothing comforting for my child and creates close bonding. Another reason is that  my husband and I are very active out doors, and want to include our child in every healthy aspect of our out doors fun!

#7 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Since my first baby isn't due until January, I haven't actually been able to try out baby carrying.  However, throughout my pregnancy I've been reading quite a bit on it and am excited to try it out.  I've heard that it makes for an easier transition post-pregnancy for both baby and mother.  I also like the idea that I will be able to get things done while I have her right there with me.

#8 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:18 PM

sore arms, a sore neck and the need to actually DO something lead me to babywearing.  a dear friend and mentor offered her sling to me when my first born was weeks old...i was hooked!!

#9 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:18 PM

I became a babywearing mom because it was the best and easiest way to meet my son's need to be close to me and be held while still giving me the freedom to use both hands if I need to.  It is sooo much easier than lugging around a stroller or a carseat type carrier.  I love being able to breastfeed in public without anyone even knowing, and I love having my son close to me.  

#10 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:18 PM

I started babywearing because I enjoyed having my baby so close to me. It was so much easier having him on me then carrying a heavy car seat around. Now 11 years later, I teach babywearing to our local community of mom's. Yay for babywearing!

#11 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 PM

Reflux and having a high needs baby starting us with babywearing!

#12 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 PM

Baby #1 - I tried! It wasn't until she was a toddler that I regularly strapped her on for hikes. But Kid #2 - It was necessity! From the first week. We moved when my son was 3 weeks old and there is a picture of him strapped to my chest as I carried a load of bags out of our apartment! I needed to wear him, so that I could put my toddler in the carriage and grocery shop for goodness sake! Now baby #3 - the strap broke on my soft structure carrier - and I feel frantic at times trying to work only with a ring sling! This would be such a blessing to win!

#13 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 PM

I'm a baby wearing Mama because my kids have been happiest when they are closest to me.

#14 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Instinctively, as soon as we brough our first daughter home we wanted to have her with us and on us at all times. We bought a Moby wrap from our lactation consultant, and wore her in it for two years straight! We moved on to a ring sling for the wiggly in and out toddler stage. We had our second daughter 14 months ago--we still loved the Moby and the ring sling, but need something to carry her more easily on our backs. A Boba carrier looks like it would be perfect for this--what better way to keep baby on me and embrace big sister!

#15 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:25 PM

We decided to be a baby wearing family after we had a hard time bonding with our baby (who is now 4 years old).  I breastfed, co-slept, and did everything I could to nurture the relationship I had with her, but felt resentful, imposed upon, and just generally in a state of "what have I done?!" in relation to her.  She never wanted to be put down, and since I didn't have a good carrier that I found comfortable, I held her all the time, which only increased these feelings.  As she grew, our bonding increased, and our love grew.  I crave her in my presence, my biggest feeling of fulfillment each day is when she's pressed against me, and I'm holding her.  We received a wonderful carrier when she was 2 and a half, and my husband and I carry her often, since she is still small enough to do so.  I love that she loves being worn as much as we love to wear her.  Baby/toddler wearing has really bonded our family in a way we could never have imagined, and I am eternally grateful for how mutually satisfying it is for all of us.

#16 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:25 PM

Being a home schooling mother of 6 and having an extremely attached baby I have to carry her, otherwise nothing gets done! We also do many family things together and having my baby on my body helps her to see the world and keeps her close and safe. I'd not have it any other way!
#17 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:25 PM

Babywearing is timeless.  People did it at the beginning of time, and they are still doing it.  I love to have a Boba carrier!

#18 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM

I never decided to babywear; my babies made me do it!

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#19 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM

We decided to baby wear because it just felt natural for us! 

The ability to get things done and have my baby close by and happy... now that just felt natural.

#20 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:27 PM

I became a babywearer when our first child, a daughter, was born in 2006. Unfortunately, at about the same time, I was diagnosed with multiple herniated and bulging disks in my neck. They make my entire body extremely vulnerable to nerve pain and temporary paralysis. I have to be extremely careful about what I lift and carry and how I stand, sit and sleep. Needless to say, babywearing is a very special privilege to me. I watch other (younger, healthier-appearing parents) do it with ease all day long and wish it were that easy for me. I cannot take it for granted. We have now had our second child, a son, who is 7 mos old today. I LOVE to wear him as well. It is the closest, snuggliest, most connected feeling in the world. I also like the outward message it sends to others about the need to connect peacefully with our children. And I like to do so in such a non-intrusive way. So, I wear him as well. But, as before, I must be so careful. I MUST use only the most ergonomically correct wraps and carries. I would LOVE a Boba and hope that it might extend the days I can carry around my little dumplin'.  Being able to do this means more to me than I can probably ever express.

#21 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:28 PM

We've practiced baby wearing since my son was born 15 months ago. We love keeping him close and he likes being up and able to see things on our level. Although, baby wearing has become more tricky since our LO started walking...he really loves his new walking skill :) But I doubt we are really done with baby wearing this toddler!

Kelli
Mom to a beautiful baby boy and happily married to my best friend.
#22 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 PM

It makes life SOOOO much easier! I actually could get things done and my kiddo was nice and happy! Really, it was about survival... winky.gif

#23 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:34 PM

When I was pregnant with my son, his Godmother had just returned from her Peace Corps mission in Africa. As I was creating a list of baby items we "needed," she chided that all I really needed was a boob and a blanket. During this conversation, she told me about babywearing in Africa. In the end, we amended her original proclamation. What babies need really are a boob, a blanket, and a baby carrier! Her baby gift to us was our first carrier. I have since become a babywearing junkie. For the longest time, my son was happiest while nursing and/or being worn. These are still two surefire ways to calm him down and at 19 months, we wear him on a daily basis (with no end in sight). He is an active toddler, so there are many nights when we wear him down (bounce him in a sling) to put him to sleep. Babywearing has truly saved our backs and our sanity! 

#24 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 PM

When I was in college I worked at a bookstore.  I wasn't dating anyone and wasn't going to have babies anytime soon.  A mother came in with an itty-bitty newborn baby in a sling.  I remember seeing how she was able to easily browse through the store and keep her baby close.  The baby slept the whole time she was shopping.  The mother looked calm and relaxed.  The whole time I worked at this bookstore that was the only mother I saw wearing a baby.  The rest of the mothers lugged around their infants in car seats or pushed them through the store in bulky strollers.  Most of the time the babies were crying or clearly upset.  The mothers were rushed, stressed and had difficulty maneuvering the car seat or stroller through the aisles of books.  I remember when I saw the mother wearing her baby I thought to myself, "This is what I will do when I have children."  That one babywearing sighting had an incredible impact on me.  Years later when my husband & I were expecting I knew that I needed a baby carrier.  We started off with a Bjorn, but after some research ended up getting both a ring sling and a mei tai.  Now, I can't imagine doing it any other way.  I love wearing my babies!

#25 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:40 PM

I never wanted to put my first baby down, but I couldn't afford a carrier, so I just carried him everywhere. He's two now, and I still carry him as often as possible, even though I'm 8 months pregnant. With my next baby I want a carrier, so I can have the use of both arms, and the ability to carry her more often when she gets bigger. Plus, I can use it for my toddler as well, and hopefully I will eventually have two- one for each child.
#26 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:41 PM

I am a baby wearing Mama to my beautiful 3 month old sweet girl for many reasons.  The two most important reasons to me are because it felt like the most natural and comfortable way to bond and share in each other.  I love keeping her close and cuddled and she loves it too!  The second main reason why I baby wear is because of an amazing story that I read about a mama and her baby.  The baby would scream and cry in horror for months and months, baby wearing was the only thing that would console her.  She would sleep sitting up on the couch and baby in sling, she even took showers with her baby in the sling.  Doctors, family, friends, even strangers, would tell her she was spoiling her, say things like "She is never going to learn to walk if you do not put her down,"  She replied by saying that "they are coping." Coping from what, she didn't know.  Around her daughters 6 month mark she begged the doctors to hospitalize her.  They did and found nothing wrong.  They told her to let the babe CIO! She said that wasn't for her and continued to carry her baby.  Right before her first birthday they noticed her losing weight and screaming more and more.  It turned out her daughters heart was enlarged and she was having very painful heart attacks.  Through tears the doctor told her it was her parenting, the constant carrying that kept her sweet girl alive.  If she would have let her CIO in her bed all alone she would have woken to find her lifeless baby. Her daughter survived because she carried her.  I always remember a quote from her, she said "my commitment to my daughter does not end when I have something to do, or when night falls."  This mama has inspired me to follow my instinct and carry my baby too!  What an amazing mama. Baby wearing is a life saver, I love that I do not have to compromise my parenting for anything. <3

#27 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:43 PM

I have chosen to wear my babies because it makes us happy. Being carried the baby feels happy, safe, can nurse easily and it frees up mom's hands to help older children. I don't have to worry about others touching baby.
#28 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:44 PM

felt natural to keep him close.

#29 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:45 PM

I became a babywearer when my children outnumbered my hands. There was really no way around it then, and now that #5 is coming, it has become so much more than simple necessity. Now it's a principle.

#30 of 276 Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 PM

I love having my children close,  and with number 5 on the way there will be a lot of babywearing, I still carry my two younger once, especially my 3 year old still loves it, he even naps in it when we are out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page