I LOVE being a babywearing mama! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2011, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Got a Mei Tai carrier for our Thanksmas from my parents. It took a learning curve I hadn't been expecting to feel right wearing it, and I think I've finally gotten it one full week with it. My son fell asleep in it nursing upright on the bus during our trip(which is what I was hoping for, because previously it seemed the ONLY way he'd fall asleep was with me side-lay nursing him, so it was such a relief he wasn't screaming his head off on a bus full of travel-weary people at 6 in the morning!). And now I can do so much; empty out his potty, do laundry, do the dishes, make coffee, etc etc.. while he happily looks around or plays with a toy I've tucked between him and my chest. Yay! I wish I'd have done this when he was younger!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2011, 01:50 PM

Yea, congrats! I was so proud of myself the first time I nursed in my mei tie (a few weeks ago), it felt so super sneaky!

Mama Bear toddler.gif, Papa Bear treehugger.gif and Baby Bear (8/11) coolshine.gif

Old 12-05-2011, 06:22 PM

Agreed. I always feel like superwoman when I nurse in the ring sling. Especially when I'm walking down the street and half the people look amazed, the other half scandalized. It's the babywearing revolution!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:13 PM

It is amazing. I am so thankful to be able to use my hands, especially with a newborn and a 5 year old.

nak.gifMallory married to dh_malesling.GIFAaron. Mommy to dust.gifCaitlin andhearts.gif Olivia

selectivevax.gifwinner.jpgwaterbirth.jpg

Tags
Babywearing
User Tag List