Should I get a woven wrap? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So I've been loving the Sleepy Wrap (like a Moby but stretchier) but DD2 is already too big for it at 2 months.  I have an Angelpack but she isn't quite big enough to have her legs out and they get squished if I try to froggy them.

Would I still be able to use the newborn hold in a woven wrap?  For how long could I do that? What else could I do with it that I can't with the Angelpack - is it worth the investment?

Me, DH, DD1 (5/2009) and DD2 (10/2011).
I'm not crunchy. I'm evidence-based.

Vaccines save lives.

#2 of 5 Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you tried one leg out in the anglepack?

You can use a woven wrap for all kinds of carries, well into toddlerhood.  You can do comfy hip carries with a woven.  You can do a hip carry with the ap, bit not nearly as comfy.

Mama to twins, my little guy, and
#3 of 5 Old 12-07-2011, 12:47 PM

I have a wrap n wear brand wrap. I believe it is woven, it's not stretchy like a moby so it has better support for when the child gets hevier. I love it and did the newborn wrap with legs crossed indian style until 4-5months. No I switch from legs in when he's sleeping and legs out when awake. he is 15 months now and a size medium is plenty big.  

check out wrapnwear.com

hippie.gifbfinfant.gifcd.gifbabyf.giflactivist.gifsigncirc1.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 5 Old 12-08-2011, 11:22 AM

I have a woven wrap (Storchenwiege) and it's my go-to carrier. They are very nice. I have the 5.2 length because I'm quite tall, and I can use it for every carry. The one thing that I will say for woven wraps is that they have a much more challenging learning curve than a stretchy wrap or any other type of carrier.

#5 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I used to have a plethora of woven wraps including Storches, Diddys and Vatani but alas only one wrap is still around! My Diddymos Yew which I love very much. I used a diddy hemp indio in the hospital when my son was born, so yes you can use woven wraps on a new born. I would suggest joining thebabywearer and look for a used well broken in hemp wrap for a new born they are floppy and as smooth as butter. Oh I loved that wrap (the one in my avi;)

eta: i wore my four year old in my linen yew earlier today!

be good family...

Tags
Babywearing

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page