Ergo or boba 3g? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-18-2011, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

So I was planning on buying an ergo for baby #2 but now I'm considering the Boba 3g - I have so many friends who love their ergos, and I don't know anyone with the Boba so maybe I'm just being influenced by all the recent advertising I've seen for their new model.

Anyone who has used these have an option as to which is better?  This is baby #2 so I want a carrier I can use pretty much from birth so I can play with my toddler while wearing the baby.  I am planning to make my own stretchy wrap like a Moby because I've heard those are great for the newborn phase so I'll have one of those also, but I'm only planning to buy one main carrier.

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-18-2011, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh yes, Moby is great for newborns. As are wraps of cotton (think Didymos)

We have an Ergo, but I would not recommend it for a newborn. There was just way to much room and too much open space. Not a big fan.

Good luck!

#3 of 5 Old 01-01-2012, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

We have a Boba and I love it!  It had a pretty big learning curve for us but once we got it figured out it was great!  I have not used an ergo and would like to.  For newborns we use a Moby, as the boba is onlly for 6 months and older. 

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

#4 of 5 Old 01-01-2012, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Thanks everyone!

I found a Moby on Craigslist that I bought and ended up choosing the Boba as my main carrier instead of the Ergo - after reading reviews, it sounded like a lot of people didn't like the Ergo for newborns and young infants, and I didn't like the idea of having to buy a separate bulky newborn insert.  I found very few negative reviews of the Boba and I figured with the model being so recent the resale price would be pretty high if I don't like it and decide to sell it.

Loving wife to DH and buddamomimg1.pngmama to DD (11/08) and DS (2/12)

#5 of 5 Old 02-29-2012, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocobean View Post

We have a Boba and I love it!  It had a pretty big learning curve for us but once we got it figured out it was great!  I have not used an ergo and would like to.  For newborns we use a Moby, as the boba is onlly for 6 months and older. 

From what I saw the Boba 3G goes from 7lbs to 45lbs and has a newborn hold(an adjustment made to the carrier) but no inserts.thumb.gif

Tags
Boba Carrier 3g , Ergo , Ergo Baby Organic Carrier , Babywearing

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page